Berzeck

Worldcoin Weekly Report 29th April

This week there has been further structuring with our country representatives. So far Mathy will be posting brief weekly news translation on CryptoFR and Twitter @WorldcoinFR. Vitalie has been also translating in Romanian and currently manages Worldcoin.ro, https://www.facebook.com/WorldcoinRO and Twitter @WorldcoinRO.

Krizal has also stepped up to doing brief German Translation but we are still setting that up. We’ll continue to branch out so that we have some contact outside of English speaking countries.

On the development front a lot of progress has been made. As you may have read on previous posts, Worldcoin Business Center (WBC) is a wrapper around worldcoind which was renamed to WorldcoinDaemon (WD) to be more explicit for newbies; WD  is responsible of the heavy lifting like signing and validating transactions, sending coins,  storing transactions on a database, etc. and WBC uses WD to provide more high level functions like buying and selling stuff, show well structured reports and so on; there has to be a well defined communication channel between WBC and WD, fortunately,  WD provides this through JSON-RPC mechanism.

Previous week was about to create a layer that translates requests from WBC to JSON  dialect so WD can  understand what WBC wants.

For example, suppose that you want to make a small window inside the wallet that shows the difficulty, the code will look  something like this :

First we need to retrieve the difficulty from WD

WFDifficulty {

id: myDifficultyItem

coin: “WDC”  

}

this will be translated to  RPC-JSON request :

getmininginfo

which WD will return :

{ "blocks" : 608085, "currentblocksize" : 0, "currentblocktx" : 0, "difficulty" : 33.687674, "errors" : "", "generate" : true, "genproclimit" : -1, "hashespersec" : 0, "pooledtx" : 69, "testnet" : false }

(this data is not real )

then the layer will retrieve the difficulty field and put it on the correct place.

Now that we have the data we can make or window like this :

WFWindow {

id: myDifficultyWindow

color: “SteelBlue”

text: myDifficultyItem.text

}

The interesting thing here is  that whenever the difficulty changes the window will show the updated value automatically, you don’t need to program anything else.

The translation layer is almost complete, next weeks we will implement all basic commands and requests.

Hi.

Yes, screenshots is good but I think that everything has long been waiting for real results..

June is the next release with a lot of changes and real innovation, we are  posting weekly progress because it is good that people see we are developing as fast as it can be.

The plan is ambitious so a lot of people won't believe until we deliver, which is fine, it's the first step to  recoup some credibility.

I have been away for a while... January? February? I had a very large crypto based MMO I was dev'ing, on Beta Test 3 we struck gold, a Silicon Valley Venture Cap had some of its tech guys on the beta test team and they made us an offer we couldnt refuse and as it seems are buying the complete package for one of their projects. Along the way we discovered what they are really looking for in Crypto Commerce and its not what you may expect. 

Those 7 day a week 16 hour days kinda made me loose track of what is going on with WDC and I am playing catch up... I see alot of changes have taken place, I am not sure what happened but it appears WDC has not disappointed me in the progress and ability to stay alive when so many scams and burner coins have flooded the market... Good Job guys! 

So since I am back and undistracted...

I have a request. Give me a wish list of what WDC needs to continuing to advance and progress, a wish list budget or whatever. I would like to get back to supporting WDC, even though I have not been around much lately, I still think WDC has all it takes to become a successful cypto coin. 

I have been away for a while... January? February? I had a very large crypto based MMO I was dev'ing, on Beta Test 3 we struck gold, a Silicon Valley Venture Cap had some of its tech guys on the beta test team and they made us an offer we couldnt refuse and as it seems are buying the complete package for one of their projects. Along the way we discovered what they are really looking for in Crypto Commerce and its not what you may expect. 

Those 7 day a week 16 hour days kinda made me loose track of what is going on with WDC and I am playing catch up... I see alot of changes have taken place, I am not sure what happened but it appears WDC has not disappointed me in the progress and ability to stay alive when so many scams and burner coins have flooded the market... Good Job guys! 

I have a request. Give me a wish list of what WDC needs to continuing to advance and progress, a wish list budget or whatever. I would like to get back to supporting WDC, even though I have not been around much lately, I still think WDC has all it takes to become a successful cypto coin. 

Hello and welcome ! (back), you are right, we changed a lot of things and finally we can focus on development since January.

Our survival is assured because we don't need to win money short term in order to continue or progress, that's the reason we are being very ambitious with our goals.

I hope you have read the pinned Development thread to have an idea on what we are planning for this year.

I am happy you manage to win money with your project.

Of course we need all the help available !

I will PM you

Hey Derf, good to see you back in town. I have no idea what Berzeck said to you in pm but we will be putting up some crowdfund projects eventually which I'm certain you can help with.