Accept

Darkcoin renames to 'Dash'

Why would you do this, it took me a while to understand because dash is also short for dashboard. But then next I thought dash rhymes with cash, but then cash is a handheld item, darkcoin is not so they really haven't thought this one through.

'Darkcoin renames to 'Dash'' - yeah, how gay is that? Any thoughts I had about buying any went right out the fricken window when i saw the pointless (and crappy) namechange.  If they put as much effort into actually making their fricken coin do what it's supposed to there'd be no need for gimmicks. meh.

~~ Xodianbarr

P.S. to self: Post No. 3 if you're still counting...

I think there are still 99% of the Darkcoin users which don't know about this. By changing the name, they may be trying to keep the users from finding out the truth about their flaws. (e.g. people will search Dash instead of Darkcoin on search engines). This reminds me of the snake oil cryptographic software marketing a decade or two ago. This is really low from the Darkcoin creators.

I think there are still 99% of the Darkcoin users which don't know about this. By changing the name, they may be trying to keep the users from finding out the truth about their flaws. (e.g. people will search Dash instead of Darkcoin on search engines). This reminds me of the snake oil cryptographic software marketing a decade or two ago. This is really low from the Darkcoin creators.

yup..+1

Wasn't there flaws in zerocoin? I don't know why that suddenly popped into my head. It's been a while since i've researched on this topic.

Wasn't there flaws in zerocoin? I don't know why that suddenly popped into my head. It's been a while since i've researched on this topic.

The creator was against criminal activity with Zerocoin. He said in an interview they could implement a back door to track money laundering etc. in the protocol >>>>>>>> HELLO NSA. That's all I remember. I'm 100% sure the SHA-256  hash function which Bitcoin uses has some kind of back door as well, if you know what the NSA has been doing the last 60 years.

The creator was against criminal activity with Zerocoin. He said in an interview they could implement a back door to track money laundering etc. in the protocol >>>>>>>> HELLO NSA. That's all I remember. I'm 100% sure the SHA-256  hash function which Bitcoin uses has some kind of back door as well, if you know what the NSA has been doing the last 60 years.

Well, whether they would or not is up to you to decide, of course they have to act civil so that they're not seen to be condoning criminal activity. Not that that is any excuse for invasive data mining...