Accept

Worldcoin Weekly Report 18th March

A lot has been happening this week so we’ll do our best to try and remember everything that has happened. First things first, a beta version of the new website is pretty much finished but there is a lot of work to do which involves reorganizing existing content, which we have to admit is in quite a mess. There is also going to be a write up of new content to keep everything in one place, also the way the other website worked means every single post dating back from over a year ago will need to be edited for display purposes.

The second major thing that has happened is the fact that it was noticed during the topic of this thread that actually a large chunk of WDC volume is not being displayed on market capitalization websites. Both Coinmarketcap and Bravenewcoin have been notified via email, however the response was both good and bad. Coinmarketcap were missing 1m+ daily Worldcoin volume and added Litebit but it was then further noted that Cex.io also didn’t exist; they were shortly emailed following the realization. Bravenewcoin developers explain that Litebit didn’t fit in with the way their website is structured.

“The reason we don't include LiteBit.eu in our global or market weighted averages is because they don't have a "last price" in their ticker data. Without the last price i.e. the price of their most recent transaction of a particular currency pair (in this case WDC/EUR) at the time the call was made, we're missing half of the equation needed to calculate a weighted average.” James Mcnickel Bravenewcoin developer

The next action will be to bridge the gap and see if litebit can solve the problem that they are facing.

The third event is at an unknown status, but Berzeck has been talking on the feathercoin forums about joint project work. All in all it became a very heated discussion with some negative and positive responses (mostly negative) from existing FTC developers. Interestingly enough, wallet downloads and web page hits increased significantly in the last 2 days.

Last of all, there was discussion with Bittylicious via email because we were aware that the stock was very low for Worldcoin. After a few emails it became apparent that this was because the case because A. the demand was very low. B. there isn’t enough sellers on their platform.

“Ultimately, we need more engagement from the Worldcoin community. If one of your team could get involved with the selling and without as much of a requirement to make profit (essentially) then your coin would be better served. “ Marc Bittylicious Admin

After speaking to their only seller, he agreed to triple stock and sell for a lower price. Shortly after this email an article was posted by Bittylicious confirming that if volume per month does not change Worldcoin will be removed. We ask the community that if you are from the United Kingdom, European Union, Belgium or Germany to make an effort to either sell or buy Worldcoin using their platform regardless of a small amount being available. If there is more demand, the current sellers will make a larger effort to restock, that’s if there isn’t any more sellers after reading this report.

Over and out, if you need to contact us use this email: contact@worldcoin.global

I wouldn't focus too much on 'missing' trading volumes.

If a certain exchange is not included for 'counting' on certain websites, it does not only affect Worldcoin.

You might or might not 'help' Worldcoin, but whatever effect it might have, it will have this effect to other coins.

I wouldn't focus too much on 'missing' trading volumes.

If a certain exchange is not included for 'counting' on certain websites, it does not only affect Worldcoin.

You might or might not 'help' Worldcoin, but whatever effect it might have, it will have this effect to other coins.

True to a degree, but not if volume doesn't exist for those coins. I've got no problem with a truer, more accurate measure.

So you complain to Bittylicious about low stock resulting them threatening service cancellation.

That's a good one. Not sure it encourages more trading though..

Bitcoin is more readily available so the real amount of WDC per month bought is not visible until supply reaches demand.

I read the Bittylicious article. They are claiming that the coins in question do not trade well on their exchange.

Their 'profitability-threshold' is set a Hundred bucks and I thought 'ok, that's not too ambitious for an established service', but I thought that's 24h. In fact, it's for a whole month  :unsure:

I read the Bittylicious article. They are claiming that the coins in question do not trade well on their exchange.

Their 'profitability-threshold' is set a Hundred bucks and I thought 'ok, that's not too ambitious for an established service', but I thought that's 24h. In fact, it's for a whole month  :unsure:

Yeah but surely if there's more one day they divide it by the days in the month, still we can try our best to keep a reasonable amount of volume. I'm hoping my predictions are true and there is somebody that wants to buy lots at once since there is now £124 stock each day.

If someone buys a larger qty there- where will they get the Worldcoin from. Cryptsy?

If so, you will see the volume twice and that might trigger certain behavior of bots and bot-like trading humans.

If someone buys a larger qty there- where will they get the Worldcoin from. Cryptsy?

If so, you will see the volume twice and that might trigger certain behavior of bots and bot-like trading humans.

Well, possibly also from miners if they want to sell directly, they could obtain the coins from anywhere.

Sorry, there are no Worldcoins available in The European Union to sell at present.

See if there are coins to buy

Alternately, select another country at the top-right of this page.

I must have made a mistake, maybe there aren't any sellers for europeans. If not I urge people to sell using the platform. Bittylicious don't have any funds of their own put into their business, I think that is not very smart at all to rely completely on others to supply and not have a base for the cake. I can ask but I already know what the response will be.