Cryptoid

FUTURE OF WORLDCOIN

Satoshi did it the opposite way. He understood that good ideas market themselves. I don't think you are right.

The whole idea of marketing is to change perceptions and it works (other wise companies wouldn't invest millions of dollars on it ), there are countless technologies that were better but lost because competition had more marketing (vhs - beta)

Linux powers 92% of the 500 most powerful computers in the world,  impressive  but it just have 2 % of market penetration world wide. It's frustrating because i only use linux and know it is the best system but apple and microsoft have better marketing

Im guessing FTC = Feathercoin?

Im not sure I understand why it's garbage it seems to share almost identical code bases and use almost identical technology does it not? I saw different hashing algo, but it's still a blockchain same as WDC. I know it has different inflation but thats just parameters. They are priced similarlly on cryptsy, so the market seems to think they're similar. What makes it worse or better? I've been looking and what I see that is better is BitShares because they have DPoS and that rewards developers instead of miners, and it has much better price. FTC doesn't have that WDC doesn't have that so FTC and WDC are both the same, are both garbage?

The first thing I learned about WDC is most of the development is closed source. For a business who wants to use the coin that's not good any more at all. If you want businesses to use it they hire developers who do the work. If developers cant use the code for free or if theres a better solution that is free and open source developers are going to choose that every time over binary only black box so businesses wont see it used. Also no developers like me can make changes and try something different to see if it works better. So far I don't see any services WDC has that other coins don't have, so first-mover advantage isn't an argument. So why closed source?

1) there is absolutely no intrinsic reason rewarding developers will succeed instead of rewarding miners, that's pure speculation. agree in that we should not call other coins garbage.

2) WDC wallet is 100 % free and open source, service framework we are building around it it's not. Tehere are 2 services right now  as i explained you in skype conversation : auto upgrade feature and compressed chain downloading from the wizard. (did you downloaded new wallet ?  :) ).

3) About pulzar being closed source. we have developed technology that makes updates easier but also has the ability to  push hard for an update if a hard fork is required (we like to think that we will never need to use this) but imagine some scam coin acquires this and pushes an update to steal all coins,  the coin will be dead of course but will burn the technology with it. We love open source but we love WDC coin more ..  this is  the kind of problem that eric raymond doesn't address in  "the cathedral and the bazaar". Also we definitely want unique features when the real game begins, having closed source will allow us to negotiate with big investors more easily in the future (another thing not addressed by purists )

In other words we will make WDC succeed even if we will sacrifice some ideals at first. In the future we will probably open source pulzar when we become an established coin-

2018.... 50 Businesses accepts WDC and 10 000 people

2019.... 100 Businesses accept WDC and 20 000 people

2020 .... 500 Businesses accept WDC and 50 000 people

2025.... 5000 business accept WDC and 500 000 people

Just a thought or was that a vibrational frequency of the future :) anyone else have similar thoughts?

nice time line jay, i think we can get it better ;) when the time comes we have some ...mmm... ideas on how we will achieve this and surely we will need help of optimistic people that thinks like you  !

I believe the reason some of the code for WDC is closed source is because it is the framework to allow all developers to contribute with existing knowledge. Either that or it's for security purposes, for example updater source cannot be publicly posted,

if updater source cannot be seen then it cannot be trusted so updates cannot be trusted

Come on Shi ! when you download a binary from any coin you are trusting that developers are compiling without any modifications on the source code. It is perfectly possible that they introduced a trojan to the final binary; so definitely the trust issue is not solved. 99 % users don't compile code in any area.

On the other hand as i said in this forum previously i can send you the source code so you can review it.

Edit: We will open updater (wizard) on next release as scheduled

Shi is smart and pretty.

Sorry, couldn't help myself- what a pun!  :wub:

Agghhhhhhhh come on Cryptoid ! did you really  fell for it  (profile photo) ?  i mean google the profile image and see what happens  :)

Of course i did, for absolutely any person that claims he/she wants to help and contribute i  try to recover every piece of information i can, to minimize the possibility to have a scammer or stealer on board; won't you agree ?

Anyway, we  talked on skype, i made my paranoid questions, it seems ok, she is very smart indeed, knows her business and pretty much she has already defined in which area she will work and what exactly she will do, pretty advanced stuff.

As our new policy states, We won't  announce nothing until done :)

So, you fell for it don't youuuuuuu ?? :D

I am messing around, It's nice you for you to make some jokes here once in a while :)

i am coder and ask for nothing please and thank you it is ok if you do not trust me

women on internet always target of bad people and i was target by bad person and he never stop so i become someone else on internet

if you like my code then thank you if you like me is ok but i do not want newsletter and i do not want title and i do not want me on internet i do not want more bad people near me

only my code

just like satoshi

thank you for understanding

So you know who Shi is LOL I better stop it is too funny.

Anyway, Shveicar raised an old point again by asking a new question: Who is going to buy 100k Worldcoin every day?

Ups, fun gone  :dry:

You know my approach to that. How long before you yield. You stick with POW and the old stats and the coin keeps dying.

i am coder and ask for nothing please and thank you it is ok if you do not trust me

women on internet always target of bad people and i was target by bad person and he never stop so i become someone else on internet

if you like my code then thank you if you like me is ok but i do not want newsletter and i do not want title and i do not want me on internet i do not want more bad people near me

only my code

just like satoshi

thank you for understanding

Fair enough!

So you know who Shi is LOL I better stop it is too funny.

Anyway, Shveicar raised an old point again by asking a new question: Who is going to buy 100k Worldcoin every day?

Ups, fun gone  :dry:

You know my approach to that. How long before you yield. You stick with POW and the old stats the coin keeps dying.

Man you really need to relax it's bad for your health... you are trying to infer too much :(

Anyway we don't think the coin is dying not for a long shot, but we will address PoW point soon ( definitely not because of the price ).

I am relaxed enough, thank you.

That the coin is dying is not necessarily a question of perception, but of value. Which this is a result of produce and demand. And immediately we are back- the mining of 100k Worldcoin every day for no (current) good.