LowHandicap

Litebit.eu

I've used to buy from www.litebit.eu , but now it seems they dont take credit cards anymore :(

At least there is no credit card option in the drop menu when buying. Does anyone know what's happened at Litebit? What's going on?

I bought a lot of WDC at litebit last year via "Sofort" (bank wire transfer which is immediately processed) - worked very well, it's legitimate business. I think the reason why they don't accept cc any more could be "customers" filing complaints at their cc providers forcing a reversal of the transaction and ending up with both their money as well as the coins. At least that's the reason why a lot of crypto places don't accept PayPal anymore... There is still a quite significant imbalance between customer protection vs. merchant protection - so I can fully understand merchants not accepting cc / PayPal since those can be loopholed quite easily :S

I have sent inquiry for Litebit about this issue and come back here reporting if they answer.

Thank you! It's good to have official statements rather than a vague guess :)

Received from Litebit:
"We have deactivated this payment method due some internal reasons. In the future we will activate the method again, but we cant give you a specific date sorry."

I have to find another decent place with credit card option it seems..

Received from Litebit:

"We have deactivated this payment method due some internal reasons. In the future we will activate the method again, but we cant give you a specific date sorry."

I have to find another decent place with credit card option it seems..

Bittylicious does but to enable it you need 5 different IDs to get verified.

Here is answer from CEO of the LiteBit, why they stopped accepting CC:

Budget, we need to wait 2 weeks on money from CC payments. Our budget cannot keep up. Now we get money the next day and we can reuse it within 24 hours.

Buggie