Berzeck

Wallet Refactor Project 2015

Hello guys and gals, we created a new github account,  https://github.com/WorldcoinGlobal

The first repository we added is for worldcoind which we renamed to WorldcoinDaemon so new people won't be confused so easily.

The next repository will hold the wallet refactor we planned for this year which will use WorldcoinDaemon at it's core.

Below are the milestones we will go through this year with their respective progress:

1) Define plugin architecture ----------------------------------  100%
2) Decouple worldcoind from worldcoint-qt ----------------- 100% 
3) C++, Qt interface with worldcoind (Client) --------------- 90 %
4) Worldcoin Services framework ------------------------------------------   70% -> 90%
5) Basic plugins (Same functionality as current qt wallet)-   70% -> 90 %
6) QML UI ---------------------------------------------------------    90 %
7) Intermediate plugins ------------------------------------------   0% -> 5%
8) Theme Engine -------------------------------------------------   70 % -> 90 %

The objectives are (in no order):

1) Complete separation of the UI from core functions

2) No need to recompile when UI is changed

3) No need to have development expertise to change the UI ( colors, icons and fonts)  - Theme engine

4) Worldcoin Services Framework (WSF) - Around WorldcoinDaemon, a set of libraries will be made for easy access

5) Make wallet 100% modular with plugins - This plugins will be made in an interpreted language, so no need to recompile, also they  will be loaded dynamically

plugins will be built around WSF.  This plugins won't need neither c++ nor crypto expertise so the learning curve will be an order of magnitude lower for interested developers.

6) Interaction with Pulzar - A lot of infrastructure will be available in Pulzar - For example online information like tickers, prices  etc will require 10 lines of code  in the plugin which will connect to Pulzar for easy access

The milestones will be split in 3 releases, the first will be available on  June

Every week we will post progress made so supporters will be completely aware of progress and problems encountered.

Edit: Progress for this week   2015-10-02

Edited by Berzeck

Hi.

Well, I'll wait for the results, but remember previous mistakes and not repeat them ;)

If something will need to check inform me the PM

Thank U.

Do you have some specific in mind ? i mean i think no other coin has this architecture :)

In the future that's exactly the idea, have a common API for online shops, so making the plugin for each will be done in hours, the shops themselves will be able to do the work.

I don't know exactly when this component will be finished though, but that's definitely our objective.

Hi ! welcome to the forum ! what is your area of expertise ? which area will you be comfortable to work with ? (core algos, pow, qt, ui, qml,  web ? )

Hi thank you

Um I'm not sure I have an area of expertise so whatevers needed

I mean core algo I understand how the blockchain uses the hash of the previous block plus hash of next block plus nonce to build next link in chain, and signing input to output using pk to make tx, and all use cases like multi-sig pay-to-script and others. I understand pow means searching for said nonce by hashing each possibility until difficulty is found in terms of leading 0s in hash, and consensus means longest chain. Qt is just C++ framework for doing UI, qml is markup language for Qt and yes I know html for web.

I was more asking how I get started as in where is is code and what are other coders developing so I can see and join in.

Hi thank you

Um I'm not sure I have an area of expertise so whatevers needed

I mean core algo I understand how the blockchain uses the hash of the previous block plus hash of next block plus nonce to build next link in chain, and signing input to output using pk to make tx, and all use cases like multi-sig pay-to-script and others. I understand pow means searching for said nonce by hashing each possibility until difficulty is found in terms of leading 0s in hash, and consensus means longest chain. Qt is just C++ framework for doing UI, qml is markup language for Qt and yes I know html for web.

I was more asking how I get started as in where is is code and what are other coders developing so I can see and join in.

concrete explanation, i asked because i wanted to know in which area do you want to work; multi-sig pay ...mmm very interesting! , you make me remember someone from another forum which i have been recently :),

Anyway there are 4 repositories available let me detail :

a) WorldcoinDaemon - https://github.com/WorldcoinGlobal/WorldcoinDaemon: this is the core daemon and the area where you  are interested to work with, as you may probably know the daemon is very similar to ftc's, we can talk about what are you planning to do with it :)

B) WorldcoinPanel - Private for now : This repository is where i am working on the new wallet modular framework (see the main post), i have some help with people i completely trust. we will release it in 3 chunks this year (along with the official wallet releases ) the first chunk will be in may/june were you will be able to contribute directly

c) WorldcoinWizard - On request : This repository is where upgrade system  was developed - the product is considered done for now,(if you want more info about it or you want to  make some innovation  you can pm me ). We decided this to be available as open source when the complete wallet re factor is done

d) Pulzar - Private : This repo contains our application server written in c++ with a custom protocol, it has a plugable architecture were the first 2 plugins are Gauss( automatic update system ) and the chain download from the wizard, this component is the most important piece of software in our long term strategy ,we will (ab)use  developing tens of services like tickers, shopping apis, etc. we have big plans for this that we will not discuss in public for now.

it doesn't use http ,i mention this because we receive tens of requests trying to access via this protocol (maybe crackers wanting to find some vulnerability that not know we are not using an http server ). We will not release this as  open source for now. We don't want cheap copycats nor scammers to use our progress

if you have more doubts please let me know !!

concrete explanation, i asked because i wanted to know in which area do you want to work; multi-sig pay ...mmm very interesting! , you make me remember someone from another forum which i have been recently :),

Anyway there are 4 repositories available let me detail :

a) WorldcoinDaemon - https://github.com/WorldcoinGlobal/WorldcoinDaemon: this is the core daemon and the area where you  are interested to work with, as you may probably know the daemon is very similar to ftc's, we can talk about what are you planning to do with it :)

B) WorldcoinPanel - Private for now : This repository is where i am working on the new wallet modular framework (see the main post), i have some help with people i completely trust. we will release it in 3 chunks this year (along with the official wallet releases ) the first chunk will be in may/june were you will be able to contribute directly

c) WorldcoinWizard - On request : This repository is where upgrade system  was developed - the product is considered done for now,(if you want more info about it or you want to  make some innovation  you can pm me ). We decided this to be available as open source when the complete wallet re factor is done

d) Pulzar - Private : This repo contains our application server written in c++ with a custom protocol, it has a plugable architecture were the first 2 plugins are Gauss( automatic update system ) and the chain download from the wizard, this component is the most important piece of software in our long term strategy ,we will (ab)use  developing tens of services like tickers, shopping apis, etc. we have big plans for this that we will not discuss in public for now.

it doesn't use http ,i mention this because we receive tens of requests trying to access via this protocol (maybe crackers wanting to find some vulnerability that not know we are not using an http server ). We will not release this as  open source for now. We don't want cheap copycats nor scammers to use our progress

if you have more doubts please let me know !!

I don't know im still figuring it out.

I will clone from git and see whats there, it's ok to ask more questions here?

Thanks for your interest :)

It depends :

1) If you want to know why we are not going full open source for now we can talk via skype because this topic was explained many times in the previous forum no need to pollute it here (probably we will make some faqs in the near future)

2) if you want  to discuss some broad implementation topics you can post here

3) if you want to discuss very specific technical topics, where most users wont be able to understand/care, we have an special skype chat for this type of conversation

It is a lot more efficient, fluid and faster  that posting in forums

4) if you just want to test our knowledge  see point 3)

of course these are guidelines only, not enforced

I'm just trying to get the code built. Im not sure what is open source and what isnt but I guess I'll find out? I can install skype if I have more questions. First one is just getting code building, anything I need to know?

It looks like I am missing boost and openssl. where do I get them and where do I put them?

1>------ Build started: Project: worldcoin, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
1>  addrman.cpp
1>c:\source code\worldcoindaemon\source\serialize.h(17): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'boost/type_traits/is_fundamental.hpp': No such file or directory
1>  alert.cpp
1>alert.cpp(6): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'boost/algorithm/string/classification.hpp': No such file or directory
1>  bloom.cpp
1>c:\source code\worldcoindaemon\source\serialize.h(17): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'boost/type_traits/is_fundamental.hpp': No such file or directory
1>  checkpoints.cpp
1>checkpoints.cpp(5): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'boost/assign/list_of.hpp': No such file or directory
1>  checkpointsync.cpp
1>checkpointsync.cpp(64): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'boost/foreach.hpp': No such file or directory
1>  crypter.cpp
1>crypter.cpp(5): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'openssl/aes.h': No such file or directory
1>  db.cpp

Did you opened the readme file located inside Documents ?

you can follow the guide there which is created for building with vs2013 64 bits you can use it for 32 bits too

anyway your error is because the static libraries must be found in specific places, please read the file...

obviously you can change them but you will need to change the parameters in vs where to find these libraries

can you pm your skype nick ?

standard wallet is open source and always will be. The other components around it are not open