Accept

Worldcoin Weekly Report 4th March

This week we’ve been asking about your opinions on FTC joint projects and got a good response. Next step will be to see opinions on the other side before proceeding with anything. The Bravenewcoin article got delayed and is now expected to be released latest, by Friday so keep your eyes peeled.

In other news, we’re getting materials together for a new webpage, the graphic design process is in full swing and once completed the real development will commence. For those that haven’t, please test out the new blockchain downloader in V1.1.0 Chunky Monkey and let us know how you get on. The primary focus now is to completely refactor the wallet, this will take a few months but intermediate releases will be made  to keep investors interested, we will also inform weekly about the development progress made.

Think you’ve got what it takes to contribute to Worldcoin? Send us your details at contact@worldcoin.global

Johnny just posted what Brionny ( Brave New Coin  reporter) said to him, he contacted her and she told us that the article is underway it just that she didn't have enough time that we should have a little patience.

Of course we agreed that next time we should say nothing until done :)

Let me detail a little bit what I mean as its nothing of much importance, like a new wallet or an alleged 'virus targeting Altcoin wallets'.

If you make an announcement about an article to be issued 'before the end of the month' and there is nothing, its not good.

You are not saying anything about any delay before somebody asks.

Then you announce that the article is delayed, but will be out 'latest by Friday'. Again there is nothing. People must ask themselves what monkey business you are in.

Again, somebody has to ask as you are not saying anything.

No offense, but its the same story we have had many times before. Last time it was an alleged 'virus targeting Altcoin wallets', this time its just an article that probably means nothing to anybody, but take it as an example of what I mean. Its just not professional business behaviour.

The best way to take it: There are people who don't care enough to make you aware!

Let me detail a little bit what I mean as its nothing of much importance, like a new wallet or an alleged 'virus targeting Altcoin wallets'.

If you make an announcement about an article to be issued 'before the end of the month' and there is nothing, its not good.

You are not saying anything about any delay before somebody asks.

Then you announce that the article is delayed, but will be out 'latest by Friday'. Again there is nothing. People must ask themselves what monkey business you are in.

Again, somebody has to ask as you are not saying anything.

No offense, but its the same story we have had many times before. Last time it was an alleged 'virus targeting Altcoin wallets', this time its just an article that probably means nothing to anybody, but take it as an example of what I mean. Its just not professional business behaviour.

The best way to take it: There are people who don't care enough to make you aware!

There's not really much I can do, if I'm told it's going to be ready by Friday then I expect it to be out by Friday. It's not my problem if it isn't, I'm not the one writing it, I've already done my part and am waiting just like you. Every week we give news updates to inform everybody what's going on, some weeks aren't as exciting as others but the main thing is that something is happening. Nevertheless, I hope this article is well worth the wait, It has actually been written and sent to the 'editor' so I can't imagine it will be long but I can only report what I am told from them.

Agreed, there obviously is very little you can do.

And its also not for you to take any blame whether or not an article on some 3rd. party website has been issued in a timely manner or not. But you issued announcements in a way that it did create certain expectations while it was outside your control whether or not those expectations could be fulfilled in a timely manner or not (at all?).

Berzeck's approach to this 'Of course we agreed that next time we should say nothing until done  :)'

obviously is not the answer and can only provoke responses of a certain kind, if any.

No, It is about the way information is given as well as the way you are going on this it and follow up!

Particularly you, Accept, are always quick to put some comment into whatever is written by anybody here- sometimes very valuable, sometimes quite not. So why not give it a bit more structure.

Cryptoid, i agree with most of your points, we must not promise something that we are not sure we can deliver in time. That is the new policy.

When you are dealing with a third party it escape our hands and sadly it happened over and over again as you said.

The only way we can 'control' the situation is to wait until we can be sure we can deliver; this of course will not apply if it's bad news or some bug we found on the wallet.

There is no other way to control expectations. In the past, we had innumerable promises that just make damage to our image, we can't continue going that path, we just can't.

Yes and no.

Going with that (arguably quite silly) example with the interview and the promised article- can you not neutrally give the information out of what happened. Just avoid to indicate or speculate and all should be good. Exactly the same with that wicked 'Chinese investor group virus' story or the way development updates are given.