Berzeck

Chunky Monkey Released!

great update, good work guys. congrats. are u gonna be doing mac build also? thanks

hi bushido thanks for your words !

As we posted in old forum, mac users just accounted less than 4 % of our user base, so it doensn't make sense for us to mantain a whole OS with so few users.  Also most mac power users have a virtual machine installed

hi bushido thanks for your words !

As we posted in old forum, mac users just accounted less than 4 % of our user base, so it doensn't make sense for us to mantain a whole OS with so few users.  Also most mac power users have a virtual machine installed

ok i see, keep up the good work. compliments 

The problem is that currently there is no mac os developer . And sadly, it is not just to re compile and done with it as most coins do, there should be a lot of testing other wise we risk losing coins or hacking or something ugly. Obviously this won't happen with low market coins but as the market gains value this could cause a lot of security problems and therefore, anxious investors

Until we find someone that can invest time helping in each release, it is safer for everybody to not support it officially :(

The problem is that currently there is no mac os developer . And sadly, it is not just to re compile and done with it as most coins do, there should be a lot of testing other wise we risk losing coins or hacking or something ugly. Obviously this won't happen with low market coins but as the market gains value this could cause a lot of security problems and therefore, anxious investors

Until we find someone that can invest time helping in each release, it is safer for everybody to not support it officially :(

What happened to that guy that was trying to compile it?

What happened to that guy that was trying to compile it?

I will contact him to see if he made some progress.

I'm not a Software Developer but I could try to compile the wallet on OSX when I have some spare time. Will look into it.

Thanks! that would be great !

Remember to compile just daemon (https://github.com/WorldcoinGlobal/WorldcoinDaemon)%C2'> not worldcoin-qt (it will disappear in the next version)

Managed to compile Chunky Monkey on OSX 10.9.5 \o/

[c0da@outcast ~]$ $ uname -a
Darwin outcast.local 13.4.0 Darwin Kernel Version 13.4.0: Wed Mar 18 16:20:14 PDT 2015; root:xnu-2422.115.14~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64
[c0da@outcast ~]$ $ worldcoind getinfo
{
    "version" : 1010000,
    "protocolversion" : 75000,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 10891,
    "timeoffset" : 0,
    "connections" : 3,
    "proxy" : "",
    "difficulty" : 0.06252487,
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1434443379,
    "keypoolsize" : 101,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
    "mininput" : 0.00001000,
    "errors" : ""
}

Will create a PR on Github with the modified code and I'll create a BuildOSX.md with explanations as well.

Cheers.

Hi.

When you plan to release a new wallet with the elimination of deficiencies? three months, six months or maybe a year?

Just tell the approximate dates.

It depends which deficiencies you are referring. Make a list and i will tell you in which version we will have what

It depends which deficiencies you are referring. Make a list and i will tell you in which version we will have what

We have already discussed some important points that are not currently in the wallet.

To start discuss the adjustment of the Russian translation of which I sent to you.

The second is a lock icon is displayed at the bottom of the wallet if it is encrypted.

I hope that in addition to this you can also add a new version of something new from what was discussed in this thread.

We have already discussed some important points that are not currently in the wallet.

To start discuss the adjustment of the Russian translation of which I sent to you.

The second is a lock icon is displayed at the bottom of the wallet if it is encrypted.

I hope that in addition to this you can also add a new version of something new from what was discussed in this thread.

Translations won't be available on the next version, but we will start recruiting so we can get back translations on the next one after that. The thing is that we need to find a stable translator volunteer  for each version otherwise translations gets rotten with time ( as it happened to current wallet)

Encrypted icon will be there but not at the bottom.

Some of the basic suggested features will be there too in the next version.

Complex features like incorporating block explorer to the wallet will have to wait. After next or next to releases, when framework is complete, we will start an official list of complex features like this one.

Obviously only those features that are aligned with our strategy will be available for voting (for example we wont change to PoS)

A 'difficulty' score will be assigned to each feature. So the total features implemented for next release should not exceed 6 points. After framework is complete we are targeting one release every 3 or 4 months.

If difficulty of one feature exceeds 6 points it will be divided in phases.

For example, let's suppose that the first poll ended with this  :

1) Incorporate worldcoin explorer to wallet:   Difficulty  5     Voting : 55 %

2) Incorporate exchange into the wallet Part 1/3:  Difficulty 6: Voting  20 % 

3) Incorporate price ticker from 1  sources: Difficulty 1: Voting 15 %

4) Other minor feature : Difficulty 2: Voting: 10 %

In this scenario features 1 and 3 will be implemented for the next version because total difficulty must not exceed 6

When we implement those features, a new poll will be generated again with remaining features and new suggested ones repeating the cycle again

I wanted to finish next version in June, at the very least a complete report on what is implemented and what are the remaining issues will be done.

This release is tricky because a new framework and a completely different architecture is being implemented, it's a big change so delivery time is more difficult to calculate.

Next ones will be more predictable.

Another thing, this polls are about optional features, we will implement concurrently features that are in our core roadmap. So these polls won't represent all features that will be  on next version