Hysterion

New Worldcoin Client = Trojan [Troll Alert]

I finally found the reason why the newest Worldcoin clients source code still hasn't been made public.

The new client is extracting the private keys of your wallets and sends it to an external server.

Some weeks ago a chinese investor reported that his Worldcoin got stolen.

I am sure that the dev team exactly knows who owns the stolen Worldcoins now.

This is a really nice and new idea about stealing money from the community and getting the last cent out of your scam coin.

Good job guys! Worldcoin will go to hell now.

My advice: Stay with the old client! This one doesn't steal your coins.

And never trust any of those newer versions! They all can possibly steal your Worldcoins!

The chinese investor you are refering to lost the coins off an exchange... I agree the source code has been a big delay but that is mainly due to the fact that a new github is being started and updates have been rapidly changing. However if you are going down this route, please provide some proof because otherwise this is obviously just an attempt to scare people.

I finally found the reason why the newest Worldcoin clients source code still hasn't been made public.

The new client is extracting the private keys of your wallets and sends it to an external server.

Some weeks ago a chinese investor reported that his Worldcoin got stolen.

I am sure that the dev team exactly knows who owns the stolen Worldcoins now.

This is a really nice and new idea about stealing money from the community and getting the last cent out of your scam coin.

Good job guys! Worldcoin will go to hell now.

My advice: Stay with the old client! This one doesn't steal your coins.

And never trust any of those newer versions! They all can possibly steal your Worldcoins!

Wow, you really don't know what you are talking about.

The main reason we are not releasing code is that we implemented a custom protocol to a tcp server so until it isn't reviewed by a security expert i am not confident in releasing code to protect investors. Your allegations are so out of reality that i am really containing myself to speak a little more aggressively and ban that kind of unproved allegations, but of course that would just make things worse. If we would have liked to steal, it would be easier to make a new coin get an IPO with these new technologies we are developing and then steal keys and money, we would probably be able to steal a lot more don't you think ? I would ask you please to stop holding coins and move to other currency.

Anyway it would we a lot better if people just ask instead of doing these kind of accusations, so if investors here want to review source code, no problem, i can send the source with a verbal commitment not to release to public until we can make a professional security review.

What Chinese investor lost coins off an exchange?

Does that refer to the incident with the alleged virus again- there never was anything mentioned about an exchange?

^_^ I think what happened was, well i'll tell you now that we write our announcements in real time which means anyone in the committee can edit the document. So I okayed that without really thinking and am still talking like my version was published. It was just easier to say virus, I went into more detail but the long and the short of it, like all usernames and passwords can be obtained by hackers using various methods. But the part about the exchange was not really included so I am sorry for appearing to be secretive. Besides the point to be honest, it was meant as a short reminder to keep your coins safe and the fact that there could have been further breaches to any users exchange accounts for that matter resulting in a price plumment. Generally hackers use mailing lists to spoof official emails but they can use methods such as Java drive bys, which install RATs or Keyloggers. Now this is usually the users responsibility to identify or have good enough software to prevent this. If however breaches are made into exchange databases and wallets, coins can be stolen, this cannot be avoided, There is always a way for an experienced hacker, therefore, do not store coins using 3rd parties, store big amounts of worldcoins offline.

It should not shock you, this happens on a daily basis at the end of the day you can only blame yourself if your coins are stolen for being careless in securing funds. It does not matter about who the investor is, just a message to all investors to be smarter in managing funds.

I disagree. Mysterion from the old forum was disruptive.

He insulted me directly when I asked him to mind his language towards another member (told me to f... off)...

I did play along with this guy as he appeared to have gone into some serious WDC cloud mining so I was hoping to get useful information, however, in hindsight I would not be so sure if all that was for real.

Either way, some sign of life from this user would help.

Maybe something is sparked off now.

I disagree. Mysterion from the old forum was disruptive.

He insulted me directly when I asked him to mind his language towards another member (told me to f... off)...

I did play along with this guy as he appeared to have gone into some serious WDC cloud mining so I was hoping to get useful information, however, in hindsight I would not be so sure if all that was for real.

Either way, some sign of life from this user would help.

Maybe something is sparked off now.

Sorry i meant with 'committee' and 'wdc' declarations, he was very positive with us. And no he is not him, even in the speaking style.

Nevertheless whoever is reading this thread and  want to review code, please PM me so i will send all sources

Included you Cryptoid to remove any doubts that what this guy is saying is a blatant over the top and absolute lie.

I won't remove this thread nor ban this guy, but ...wow ... i still get surprised on how low can people act. 

The truth is crypto  will have to deal with this kind of people always so let's get use to it.

Well, Mysterion or Hysterion we will see- one of them surely can shed some light on this?

IMO the thread should be censored, marked and clearly commented to avoid confusion.

The way it stands now in the forum with the flaming headline is quite disadvantageous.

The argument to not remove or ban is understandable, however, there are higher needs to be considered.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.