s7ryker

If I had the money..

1 hour ago, Xanur said:

You know, we could find a new developer hire asics and let him fix the issues. But which direction should we take? Go full PoS or stay PoW with a different algo? Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

In case of going PoS we will be freed from the miners. Also the node counts will probably rise as staking requires people to run a node.

In case of going a different algo, we probably won't be listed on multipools for a period of time, and won't have to much fluctuation in hashrate. However PoW as of now seems to risky for me. We have to find dedicated miners, we are to small right now as a community. Scharmbeck and now Berzeck's silence. Where are we supposed to find them? Worldcoin's history will be the problem here.

There needs to be a consensus or we will break down even further.

My proposal:

- Is to go full PoS. It works and it seems to be the future. Even Ethereum will go PoS.
- Keep the block rewards the same. Distribute according to total staked coins in the network. Example: 10 Mil coins are being staked in total. I'm staking 1 Mil coins. I will receive 10% of the block reward in this case. (This is just an example, I think we could think of something else)
- 0.01 WDC required for every transaction. Distributed to staking nodes.
- Probably rebrand? Seems to do wonders.

I'm open for discussions, but please be open-minded. It is not because of Scharmbeck and Berzeck this community became this small. It is because we have to much arrogant people still within us which just scare away the members.

I agree POS is the way to go.

I agree on block reward.

I think a percentage would be better than a locked rate for transaction fee. If worldcoin can amount to something big .01wdc could be a lot for a small transaction. Maybe a fee structure for wdc amounts if we go with locked rates.

Rebrand a good idea, keep name & change logo. Logo is very similar to Fathom dynamic data software.

You can see their logo here: 51CYALUGRjL._SL500_AC_UL320_SR258,320_.j

Agree with POS+BlockReward. Transaction amount based percentage fee is a good idea.

I think logo should remain because at least something should shoud be(seem) stable and recognizable about WDC for investors.

..and I forgot to say something about wallet.

The current wallet is too complicated. We need simple wallet maybe which will work side-by-side with more complicated one like current is.

And we need Android + Apple wallets with possibility to transfer WDC from one device to another device and It should be simple (QRCode + camera based if possible).

I disagree with PoS. It does not encourage coin trading, but coin holding. This, essentially, makes it more of an asset but a currency. Somebody here said that PoS would "mummify" a coin. I could not have said it better. Maybe this is a necessary thing for now for WDC? I do not know.

I am a strong believer in PoW. Of course I see the challenges in this. But PoW equals attraction and this is what is needed more than anything for now in my opinion. I understand that there is the negative aspect to it as well. I have had my say here and in the old forum about ASICs and multipools and nobody listened. Today, I would recommend a switch of algo to Cryptonight and stay 100% PoW. Just my 2c

16 hours ago, Cryptoid said:

I am a strong believer in PoW. Of course I see the challenges in this. But PoW equals attraction and this is what is needed more than anything for now in my opinion. I understand that there is the negative aspect to it as well. I have had my say here and in the old forum about ASICs and multipools and nobody listened. Today, I would recommend a switch of algo to Cryptonight and stay 100% PoW. Just my 2c

I would rather have it PoW aswell, but I just don't see miners being attracted after what we've been through.

Anyone here renewed this site? :) If not, probably Berzeck huh? A WDC for his thoughts

I keep my coins in paper wallets. PoS means they lose out on interest? 

Thanks, s7ryker for sharing the conversations with Berzeck. It was like listening to someone from the grave LOL. I did PM him a few months back, asking him what he thought WDC price would be in 10 years. He said '$1'. I thanked him for his kindness in not giving me high hopes 😂

Regarding the miners situation. Theoretically if we buy up more coins, the price of the remaining coins should rise and entice miners, right? Wouldn't that automatically and eventually solve the problem of block times?

China shutting down exchanges may hurt Wdc as i always saw Wdc as a potential LTC substitute for getting CNY out of China. 

The shutting down of exchanges in China however, may blunt the Chinese pump-and-dump influence. Previously, the Chinese played up WDC in their chinese websites and probably drove some Chinese investors towards buying WDC and then the dump. If it becomes harder for the Chinese to trade cryptocurrencies and harder for the Chinese public to buy a promoted WDC, it appears harder to use WDC for pump and dump.

Back to WDC: we never did any proper marketing as Berzeck always preferred to improve on the coin first. One day, this may change and we would see. 

22 hours ago, cryptojunky said:

Rebrand a good idea, keep name & change logo. Logo is very similar to Fathom dynamic data software.

Branding is my cup of tea, so I shall comment on it. It's a good idea to refresh the brand, however the color scheme and the logo should remain. Very minor changes to the logo if any at all. One of the plus sides to WDC is that it's an old coin. No new crypto can buy that. The rebranding must be done right so that WDC is seemingly born again, however is proud of it's heritage.

I don't think the Fathom Dynamic logo is too similar. It's a world of zillion logos, you'll always find similar somewhere! Besides, the logo isn't bad at all, it actually has a good finance-world'ish vibe to it. That isn't too common in cryptocurrency.

I don't comment a lot on POW/POS debate, I'm not crypto-tech savvy enough, but I think we have to get WDC off from being at the mercy of raw profit seeking miners. At least for the time being. Plus, the current wallet is just horrible. Nothing wrong with default wallets, especially POS ones. Prefer them over this Business Center bullshit any day. Just my $0.02.

2 hours ago, RAPS said:

Prices shown are in their indigenous currency NOT USD its around 120 Satoshis LOWEST EVER !!!

Interesting, RAPS! Taking more WDC away should see the Chinese having less leverage over the coin.

But that works out to USD 0.0055. If i recall correctly, WDC was once briefly USD 0.0025? Without looking at the history of past prices, in terms of Sataoshi, perhaps now is the lowest.

Best not to park funds too long in these Chinese markets which are in the process of shutting down. Next week should also see low or even lower prices, i guess

You can always use btc38 english site.

http://www.btc38.com/trade_en.html?btc38_trade_coin_name=wdc

There are daily withdrawal limits so like Diego said about parking to much $ on chinese exchanges. Be careful.

Also the withdraw button on site not working. Just submit ticket to have them do a manual payout. Put your address in the ticket and tell them how many wdc to withdraw. It can take up to 24hrs. Ive done multiple times lately with no issues.

Thanks, Cryptojunky! I did just that a few days ago. When i tried to withdraw, saw a 404 error message and opened a ticket with BTC38. They withdrew manually for me. 

If Wdc wallet ever goes away, coins cannot be taken out of paper wallets, right?