Accept

Worldcoin Weekly Report 11th Feb

After one year since the project started, the Worldcoin Water well project has been completed. $10,000 was raised which was then passed on to the water project by Kevin (Botornig).

We recently released a press release to most crypto news outlets. Crypto coins News published an article that was based upon the completion of the Worldcoin well as a result of this. Unfortunately there was a slight error where they commended Brandon Brown, so it's time the truth came out.

We never found out what happened to Brandon Brown, nor what happened to the funds he was holding. All we know is the community kindly helped fund it again, so effectively $20,000 was raised in total. To break it down Gudmunson replaced around $6000 which is what the Worldcoins were worth as the price began to decline, he was part of the Worldcoin Foundation. He expected that Brandon, who was part of the foundation too, would get him back the money as he had already made several purchases for mining hardware with him. He thought he trusted him enough, but he was wrong. It became apparent that the money was never refunded by Brandon Brown to him in recent discussion a couple of months ago. Brandon Brown, if that's even his name, took the Worldcoin well funds and then never returned them. At the time someone representing him said that he was suffering from illness, but we have no way to confirm that. Hope this clears most things up, you have to right to know, also we may remind you that the same mistake will never be made by us to trust anybody that we have no background on. All the information on us is publicly available on the Alliance website!

Back to the report, the beta version for new wallet is ready, we need your help to polish it up and test the new feature, interested parties PM me or Berzeck in the new forum, also you can contact us at contact@worldcoin.global for further instructions.

~~Worldcoin Team~~

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/worldcoin-helps-ease-kenya-water-shortages/

As you may remember, thanks to project leader Brandon Brown, the remaining funds were raised by his matching subsequent donations coin-for-coin.

Source: https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/worldcoin-helps-ease-kenya-water-shortages/   Updated: February 11, 2015 at 9:52 am CET.

Why would they say different when you did the press release?

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/worldcoin-helps-ease-kenya-water-shortages/

As you may remember, thanks to project leader Brandon Brown, the remaining funds were raised by his matching subsequent donations coin-for-coin.

Source: https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/worldcoin-helps-ease-kenya-water-shortages/   Updated: February 11, 2015 at 9:52 am CET.

Why would they say different when you did the press release?

They just based it on information that was on this link https://thewaterproject.org/community/profile/brandon-brown in the press release which is different from the article by the way. It was mentioned that Kevin was in charge, on the last bit I even added

Any questions, reply and we can give more information on the project - please note that over the past year project leadership has changed so the domains listed on thewaterproject do not exist anymore, we are to be referred as 'The Worldcoin Alliance'  and our domain is http://www.worldcoinalliance.net/

But they still credited Brandon, but still it's better than having negative media coverage because they would focus mostly on that rather than what has been achieved. It's better the truth comes from us than them so as long as you know that A. Kevin and others did donation matching and B. Gudmunson matched the worldcoins that that were taken but not the original USD value. It doesn't really matter because it's not going to change anything discussing it further, the damage has been done. I'm not surprised they got it slightly wrong because it was never really properly explained in depth.

The scammer not only got the funds but gets the credits isn't this paradoxical.

Again, lets not come to conclusions, best case scenario he died and couldn't return the funds. Worse case he stole them and received credit, you could email the news outlet but it might have an undesired coverage unless a carefully thought out message is sent.

I never trusted in the questionable donations WDC aimed at raising funds.

Until a organized group chat and alliance among the largest investors in the form of direct contact online via skype or brosix.

All attempts to create funds are doomed to failure.

Now virtually no communication between the main people that are the basis of WDC and large investors.

There is only this forum and people who appear and disappear over time in an unknown direction ..

Moreover now the system produces too many coins (reward in the block are very generous).

If you count on the extraction of LTC then compare with mining WDC you will see three times more reward per unit of time.

This also does not increase the cost WDC ..

We can only wait then approach to be changed and time will reduce the fee.

I never trusted in the questionable donations WDC aimed at raising funds.

Until a organized group chat and alliance among the largest investors in the form of direct contact online via skype or brosix.

All attempts to create funds are doomed to failure.

Now virtually no communication between the main people that are the basis of WDC and large investors.

There is only this forum and people who appear and disappear over time in an unknown direction ..

Moreover now the system produces too many coins (reward in the block are very generous).

If you count on the extraction of LTC then compare with mining WDC you will see three times more reward per unit of time.

This also does not increase the cost WDC ..

We can only wait then approach to be changed and time will reduce the fee.

I don't think that is entirely true, there are multiple skype groups now and we know who everybody is holding funds. Also there is a main skype chat where most active members participate in. I agree with the forum, no way to prove identity but we are in communication with a small amount of investors. But still I appreciate your observation, it may appear to be like that to you and others but it is not like that. As for Worldcoin rewards I can't comment right now.

I don't think that is entirely true, there are multiple skype groups now and we know who everybody is holding funds. Also there is a main skype chat where most active members participate in. I agree with the forum, no way to prove identity but we are in communication with a small amount of investors. But still I appreciate your observation, it may appear to be like that to you and others but it is not like that. As for Worldcoin rewards I can't comment right now.

Well well, then I'm glad you made it possible internal communication between the participants.

Previous way of communicating via IRC looked like a chat for traders.

Well well, then I'm glad you made it possible internal communication between the participants.

Previous way of communicating via IRC looked like a chat for traders.

Irc became very in-active after most moved to skype chat taking away the core discussion. It's difficult for me especially to keep a close eye on all feeds but I have irc on auto login, if you ever want to talk I will probably answer sooner or later.