Berzeck

Version 3.2 changes

Hello!

After some discussion with our Chinese partners we agreed on the following urgent changes for next version.

- Fix all bugs (please help us reporting in this thread)

- Get rid of installer. From next version you will download a compressed file and execute the exe and that's it. This is important because they say they have problems with downloading files due the great firewall (can not verify if this is true)

- Updater code should be moved to the wallet. As we are getting rid of the installer, downloading files should be processed from the wallet itself

- Downloading chain should be done from within the wallet at any time you like. I will try to provide all chains for all coins offered

Is there any consideration for a different approach for difficulty adjustment? The network is in a pretty bad shape the last couple days.

The problem is that if we change core we would need to convince miners and we couldn't access them for the time being. Maybe our Chinese partners will help us

17 hours ago, Berzeck said:

Hello!

After some discussion with our Chinese partners we agreed on the following urgent changes for next version.

- Fix all bugs (please help us reporting in this thread)

- Get rid of installer. From next version you will download a compressed file and execute the exe and that's it. This is important because they say they have problems with downloading files due the great firewall (can not verify if this is true)

- Updater code should be moved to the wallet. As we are getting rid of the installer, downloading files should be processed from the wallet itself

- Downloading chain should be done from within the wallet at any time you like. I will try to provide all chains for all coins offered

How long will it take?

Fixes, one month, an another for the other stuff.

Remember that if we change core we have one shot if we blew it that's over. If nothing  great appears in the coming months we will probably follow litecoin's path, SW + LN next year. Lets see ....

29 minutes ago, s7ryker said:

Never thought about the Great Firewall to be honest but since 90% of WDC market comes from China we should listen to them and fix the issue

My thoughts exactly

And here we are today: If the "lead developer" has used the recent Altcoin hype and if he had combined it with some pushes of his own(?) he might have done extremely well. Somebody mentioned Berzeck was a big bag holder. If he cashed at the peak, he got a million hard bucks out for his, errm EFFORTS :dry: 

5 hours ago, Cryptoid said:

And here we are today: If the "lead developer" has used the recent Altcoin hype and if he had combined it with some pushes of his own(?) he might have done extremely well. Somebody mentioned Berzeck was a big bag holder. If he cashed at the peak, he got a million hard bucks out for his, errm EFFORTS :dry: 

Your 100% correct but I wouldn't personally blame the guy for taking profits and giving up if he didn't want to continue it's development. It's the total silence that makes me really pissed off. The uncertainty of the worldcoin project kills me too. Really dickish to just pack up and leave without saying anything.

I wouldn't blame anybody for buying and selling that's what we all do. But if somebody has authority, and if that person uses or abuses this authority, the story is different. In no way lead developer Berzeck mentioned anything but the great, whilst, and this is just an opinion, he was sitting tight and close to the SELL button.

The main problem is that there was no real development. Some UI changes, that's all. That's not development. I would hope that, if the old "developers" come back, its to give the keys to a more dedicated team.

- is there any chance to have the option to switch to classic GUI (eg via conf file - something like qtstyle= ) ?

- and another big problem is that there is no chance to set miners fee since the WorldcoinBC has been released. Currently using 3.1.0 and all txs out are with 0 fee. It was possible to set this in previous versions. Could you add this option back? Or you do not want to reward miners?

- another missing option which was in previous versions - Address book. Could you enable this back too?

- another missing option - own addresses control - every other coins wallet I know has this feature where I can generate receiving addresses in my wallet and give them a name. Is it a big problem to enable this back again?

I really use all these features in other coins wallets and only WDC does not have them. I think I am not the only who want it back.

Maybe it could be better to use the latest LTC core wallet and do not make any changes or make a special GUI for it for now. Just clear core wallet which should run without problems.