Sign in to follow this  
Brent

Synchronizing my wallet

Question

Hi guys,

So after exactly 814 days :rolleyes: I'm opening my wallet again. Good to see that WDC is gaining some momentum atm.
I'm currently synchronizing with the network which will take forever at it's current speed. What would be the best solution to speed things up a bit?

Cheers,
Brent - Amsterdam

28 answers to this question

38 minutes ago, CoinsCo said:

Hey, I don't want to create a new thread because I have a similar problem. I imported my private key using the console(read about it on another thread) and while it showed up under Address Detail, the Wallet Summary still shows 0 for both Confirmed and Unconfirmed. I also tried doing this but my wallet balance won't update. Starting to get scared I might lose this WDC, please help. 

There is coin in the wallet.. https://www.wdcexplorer.com/address/WZL8Xi5gFqWAyWJ2GiEEry4VRCs6PyNKbj

kyIzkpEJQMeRqZ-V-w_Sdg.png

I had the same problem and what I did is the following.

When installing you have the possibility to download the blockchain. This is perfect and when you look in the folder where it would be downloaded in, it is there perfect and fine. For me the folder is C:\Users\XXXX\Documents\Blockchain and inside that folder there will be an 'index' and a 'blockchain' folder.

Now the problem is that when you start the worldcoin wallet, it will make a new folder named 'Worldcoinchain'. In this folder it will create a new 'index' and 'blockchain' folder where it finally will sync all the blockchain data again!

What you have to do:

- copy and paste the data inside the downloaded blockchain folder into the new made Worldcoinchain/blockchain folder... Do the same for the index folder as well.

Now change your wallet.dat into your own backed up wallet (if you have one) and start the program again. Now just wait like an hour orso and everything will be just fine!

@Berzeck I think this 'bug' (if I can call it like that) should be fixed with the new wallet update. I think this fix can be easily done right?

1 hour ago, CoinsCo said:

Hey, I don't want to create a new thread because I have a similar problem. I imported my private key using the console(read about it on another thread) and while it showed up under Address Detail, the Wallet Summary still shows 0 for both Confirmed and Unconfirmed. I also tried doing this but my wallet balance won't update. Starting to get scared I might lose this WDC, please help. 

There is coin in the wallet.. https://www.wdcexplorer.com/address/WZL8Xi5gFqWAyWJ2GiEEry4VRCs6PyNKbj

In addition to my previous answer, the reason why you do not see the coins in the wallet is because it is not synced yet.

I downloaded the new client yesterday and had it running for 7 hours, it synchronized for 25%. How long will it usually take?

When synchronizing is finished, how can I import my backup wallet file in the new client? Still have the old Worldcoin-qt client installed.

5 minutes ago, oliviertg said:

In addition to my previous answer, the reason why you do not see the coins in the wallet is because it is not synced yet.

thanks for the quick reply, and when you say there is a folder called "blockchain" do you mean "blocks" because after moving those files the application does this in the picture below. 

1f89CUgjSFq3VnwsfvW86g.png

4 hours ago, oliviertg said:

I had the same problem and what I did is the following.

When installing you have the possibility to download the blockchain. This is perfect and when you look in the folder where it would be downloaded in, it is there perfect and fine. For me the folder is C:\Users\XXXX\Documents\Blockchain and inside that folder there will be an 'index' and a 'blockchain' folder.

Now the problem is that when you start the worldcoin wallet, it will make a new folder named 'Worldcoinchain'. In this folder it will create a new 'index' and 'blockchain' folder where it finally will sync all the blockchain data again!

What you have to do:

- copy and paste the data inside the downloaded blockchain folder into the new made Worldcoinchain/blockchain folder... Do the same for the index folder as well.

Now change your wallet.dat into your own backed up wallet (if you have one) and start the program again. Now just wait like an hour orso and everything will be just fine!

@Berzeck I think this 'bug' (if I can call it like that) should be fixed with the new wallet update. I think this fix can be easily done right?

Yeah its a stupid bug I introduced somehow, sorry for that. Will be fixed next version :)

18 hours ago, oliviertg said:

And, all up and running now?

I wish, that screen won't go away. Still on it since this morning at 2am and its now 10pm....

1 minute ago, CoinsCo said:

I wish, that screen won't go away. Still on it since this morning at 2am and its now 10pm....

Check if WorldcoinDaemon.exe is runing in the process manager