Accept

Cloudmining is over?

Question

I just wanted to say this because I heard somebody say cloudmining is over. I don't think it is but the truth is, centralized mining via large companies is not the way to go because you cannot trust them. There are numerous examples of this, I like to call them cloud mining pirates as they suddenly claim they no longer make enough profit which somehow means they get to literally keep your money,

So my suggestion is to either use websites like betarigs or search for 'rent a rig' and rent from individuals to spread the risk. The only other thing you have to look at is the profit margins so keep an eye out for that. I've used betarigs once or twice before, if anyone else has it would be great to know how you got on purchasing hashrate.

12 answers to this question

Yeah doesn't look like centralized cloud mining is slowing down but who knows if the price flirts with below the $200 range we might see a shift back to us little guys which I wouldn't mind at all... 

Cheers,

Ghosty

In case anyone is interested...

I am currently mining with 6 ASIC miners... I have 4 S3+'s and 2 S5's for a total of roughly 4.2TH/s which is currently making me about 1.3btc a month give or take... Not too bad I guess... My goal is to get to 100 BTC with mining and buying combined over the next 5 years but we will see how it goes... 

Cheers,

Ghosty

In case anyone is interested...

I am currently mining with 6 ASIC miners... I have 4 S3+'s and 2 S5's for a total of roughly 4.2TH/s which is currently making me about 1.3btc a month give or take... Not too bad I guess... My goal is to get to 100 BTC with mining and buying combined over the next 5 years but we will see how it goes... 

Cheers,

Ghosty

That's quite a big investment. goodluck with your long term goal. I was just saying it's a massive risk renting from a large company rather than lots or smaller rigs, even better if you own your rigs though!

There were members in the old forum with significant scrypt cloud mining hashing power.

I am hoping to hear from them here in the new forum.

Yeah it would be interesting to see, genesis with no warning switched scrypt to sha which encouraged losses.

In the old forum member Mysterion claimed to have purchased a massive 500MH contract for a significant amount of money.

I remember this user complaining heavily and in colourful language about a previous deal with Zeus that went sour.

I am very surprised to not have heard anything from this member in the new forum, but a flaming thread from a user with a similar name alleging malware in current wallet. Something just does not seem to be right about this dubious Mysterion/Hysterion duo.

In the old forum member Mysterion claimed to have purchased a massive 500MH contract for a significant amount of money.

I remember this user complaining heavily and in colourful language about a previous deal with Zeus that went sour.

I am very surprised to not have heard anything from this member in the new forum, but a flaming thread from a user with a similar name alleging malware in current wallet. Something just does not seem to be right about this dubious Mysterion/Hysterion duo.

I would be mad if I invested $5000 and got ripped off by yet another mining company. Not to say if that is him, that that is the right reaction.

I would be mad if I invested $5000 and got ripped off by yet another mining company. Not to say if that is him, that that is the right reaction.

Hysterion is not Mysterion i am sure of it. Besides only raps called him Hysterion in the previous forum

Actually, there might be some guilt on my side.

I called that member 'Hysterion' myself after he went mad being reminded on forum rules.

This was not long after this member became active in the old forum so MAYBE I gave birth to that little rhyming joke.

Anyway, Accept has put it to the point: If I had spent 5k FIAT on some elusive mining contract I would definitely go quiet about it.

Why would I, it just doesn't make sense!

So, Mysterion, came back here and let us know what is going on.

Maybe you want to distance yourself from a new user 'Hysterion' here as well!

Actually, there might be some guilt on my side.

I called that member 'Hysterion' myself after he went mad being reminded on forum rules.

This was not long after this member became active in the old forum so MAYBE I gave birth to that little rhyming joke.

Anyway, Accept has put it to the point: If I had spent 5k FIAT on some elusive mining contract I would definitely go quiet about it.

Why would I, it just doesn't make sense!

So, Mysterion, came back here and let us know what is going on.

Maybe you want to distance yourself from a new user 'Hysterion' here as well!

Technology is moving so fast that nobody can keep up. Slightly offtopic, imagine if the worlds largest super computer mined worldcoin, or even bitcoin for that matter..

You are a bit off topic indeed, but what are you trying to say.

If the world's largest super computer would do some mining- what would happen?

If she is mining Bitcoins the diff might go up a few ticks.

If she is mining Worldcoins she probably will account for 95+ % of the hash rate and that could make things a bit messy.

You are a bit off topic indeed, but what are you trying to say.

If the world's largest super computer would do some mining- what would happen?

If she is mining Bitcoins the diff might go up a few ticks.

If she is mining Worldcoins she probably will account for 95+ % of the hash rate and that could make things a bit messy.

At this point, we ask, what is the meaning to worldcoin, bitcoin and all cryptocurrency?