Berzeck

Switching block chain tech? Candidates?

Plan A: Somebody should contact ovalhost and ask them to extend the domain. Even if we recover the domain somebody needs to pay for the hosting. Two possible hosters where I assume worldcoin is hosted are ovalhost or orangehosting and I am sure that they will kick us when the invoices dont get paid.

Plan B: Buy a new domain and new hosting and start webhosting from beginning.

The website can be revamped anyway to look more impressive. We would probably need to save some data from the old website and forum before it expires? 

WDC had a website and a forum before this one after the older one disappeared over night. Allegedly, the guys at the time tried hard to overtake the sites, but failed. Not sure this is what really happened at the time, but if it is, then there is little chance you can keep things alive here from the outside. It does not seem as if anybody from the "team" or "committee" would be around anymore nor care. I was laughing when I read a comment earlier suggesting that someone would login here as Administrator for people here to not panic ;-)

I remember a guy who was very active here in the backend. He goes under "Acceptworldcoins". He absconded some time ago and, this is just my impression, over disappointments with the rest of the "team". You find him as Johnny Beer in the net he is doing sound stuff in the U.K. If somebody has means to do something, he might be a man to contact.

In my PM to Berzeck on the loss of Johnny 3-4 months ago, Berzeck said J was a young and promising man who stopped as some criticisms were too harsh and that he was still in contact with J. 

Anyway, Worldcoin has had a colourful history with Shambeck and Berzeck. At least the latter was civil and did not outrageously pump WDC  😂 I like Berzeck. But even then, a 1-man development team was never a good idea

Yes, give him a call and wake him up. If he agrees to let somebody overtake the web domain, that'd be a start. Regarding Johnny, I recall he left not because of harsh criticism from members here in the forum, but disagreement between his vision of WDC and its development. Now, don't take my word for it, ask him. The reason I mentioned him is that, at this time and with the given urgency, he might be able to give vital information for those who are willing to carry the baton from now.

On 6. 9. 2017 at 10:20 PM, Jannismeik said:

You can't create "a new coin" just like that in crypto world. You have to do a hard fork and the network has to be on your side. At least that's what I learned from Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash recently. So we have to modify the code of Worldcoin such that it can fork with a new algo and so on. Some suggestions about that?

Something like:

POW+POS to secure the stability (anti multi pool) and Neoscrypt as algo (seems to be asic resistant)? Some other suggestions?

that is a good idea. I will be one of the first doing in neoscrypt.

4 hours ago, marecek666 said:

and for everybody, WDC price is low now, it is time to buy more :-) I am with WDC almost from it's beginning and will stay with WDC for sure.

Great to hear that, marecek666! Yes, saw you here in the early days. For me, despite what she has gone through, WDC remains beautiful and i would continue to hold and accumulate 😀 The solution to low prices is low prices.