Berzeck

Switching block chain tech? Candidates?

These delays for confirmation are killing us. We can rent some mining power for 48h, switch tech blockchain and contact miners this will give them time to switch and will not kill the network.

Off_topic: There are now 2 DubaiCoin 's in top 100 Coin Market Cap and one of them doesn't even have a site. We can do better.

If mining is a problem, WDC, supporters and investors should have a base support for network. No serious crypto should be fully at the mercy of random, maximum profit looking miners. What is an absolute mining power amount needed to keep the network up? That amount of power should be provided at all times, by resources from within. My $0.02.

On 14-6-2017 at 6:47 AM, Berzeck said:

Ok, I will repeat again what I was saying in other threads

1] the problem are multipools that keep swapping coins.

2] We can't just switch protocol because miners won't allow to receive less fess so we will kill the coin if we try to impose. Changing protocol need miners approval so we need a lot of active nodes just to try. If we try to impose and miners quit mining then WDC is dead

3] No one is maintaining neoscrypt so it would be suicide to switch to an unsupported mechanism

4] The only solution is to make WDC more popular BEFORE trying to impose changing the core protocol

We all understand what is going on Berzeck. But how are we supposed to make WDC more popular when people see the coin as a pump and dump (see price) and when we only focus on CHINA? Don't get me wrong, I'm not attacking you or anything. I just think we need to think of something else.

I never designed the original specs. What I am saying is that if we tell miners 'Hey guys you will receive half fees from now on! please keep mining!" then miners won't like it, I know this because some of those who invested in China (REALLY invested) told me not to or they will stop supporting WDC; If there are no core miners (those who mine whether the multipool leaves or not) then the coin is dead as simple as that.

Should someone  take the risk?

I fine with that but I won't do it personally. If the guy that was promoting this gets funding from supporters (including you) to do this, then I will support that as a third party person and we will coordinate, but the end result would be 100% responsibility from supporters (not from me), and I think that would be good but very risky.

18 hours ago, Xanur said:

We all understand what is going on Berzeck. But how are we supposed to make WDC more popular when people see the coin as a pump and dump (see price) and when we only focus on CHINA? Don't get me wrong, I'm not attacking you or anything. I just think we need to think of something else.

For what is worth, I understand that we need to do something but I am in very delicate situation for the reason I explained last post. The best way to get out of this is take a risk and fund the development from a third party  (chinese dudes can't blame me for that). And when it is ready, community votes. That's the best way

On 7/6/2017 at 2:29 PM, Cryptoid said:

Hi Berzeck, are you considering switching block chain tech or are you keep defending current stats here. You are blaming multipools as if you didn't know what was coming. Long lone time ago that was predicted to happen. Yes, its me.

See my posts above, I always had the idea that if get more popular then we would get more core miners (those who mine whether a multipools in or out),well it seems I was wrong because the problem is getting worse and we are in a very delicate position with Chinese dudes

Berzeck, is this thread about discussing block chain tech changes or is it not? What commitments did you make to those Chinese "investors"? Worldcoin does have a history if it comes to scams. Who can be sure this is/was not just another pump and dump?

596087da4a5dd_ScreenShot07-07-17at01_32PM.thumb.JPG.f5649c6174676dee76133fc93a4064c6.JPGThe problem right now is the delays in block confirmation. We had like 700 minutes delay one time ..that about 12 hours. Would you keep in your house a TV set who start 12 hours after you press the switch ?? More importantly ..would you buy one ?? If you promise Chinese investor that you will make a new wallet, then do that, but we need to change block chain tech this year.

I'm with this coin from 2013 and every year I read articles about a revolutionary block chain tech that will change the face of crypto world. But it never happened. It is clear to me now that in order to keep the existing user and attract more we will need to switch to more than one blockchain tech in the life of the coin if we want the coin to live.

48 minutes ago, Cryptoid said:

Berzeck, is this thread about discussing block chain tech changes or is it not? What commitments did you make to those Chinese "investors"? Worldcoin does have a history if it comes to scams. Who can be sure this is/was not just another pump and dump?

I can't know if that's the case, what I know is that months ago some Chinese dudes contacted me and I explained my views, they say they agreed and that they would invest a lot in WDC as long as I commit with that, so the price started to rise and also they said they would publish an article and that wdc would return to yuan pairs and all of that happened (article was published on btc38 and has thousands of reads)

They are against changing PoW at all costs I do not know exactly why

4 hours ago, Berzeck said:

I can't know if that's the case, what I know is that months ago some Chinese dudes contacted me and I explained my views, they say they agreed and that they would invest a lot in WDC as long as I commit with that, so the price started to rise and also they said they would publish an article and that wdc would return to yuan pairs and all of that happened (article was published on btc38 and has thousands of reads)

They are against changing PoW at all costs I do not know exactly why

Which is weird. If he was a 'core' miner, I would understand and the hashrate wouldn't be this low right now.

Edit: What about a different difficulty ajustment?

Berzeck, do you have active contact to these people and if so, will you let us know what the plans are, if any. If not, mind contacting them? It might all just be a weird coincidence, but it could also be the same people who have contacted Lizhi in Feathercoin and few others. Also, perhaps they have cashed out by now. Then they would not care. I have seen hustles in Crypto more complex than this. If it was one, that is.

18 hours ago, Xanur said:

Which is weird. If he was a 'core' miner, I would understand and the hashrate wouldn't be this low right now.

Edit: What about a different difficulty ajustment?

Miner approval needed

15 hours ago, Cryptoid said:

Berzeck, do you have active contact to these people and if so, will you let us know what the plans are, if any. If not, mind contacting them? It might all just be a weird coincidence, but it could also be the same people who have contacted Lizhi in Feathercoin and few others. Also, perhaps they have cashed out by now. Then they would not care. I have seen hustles in Crypto more complex than this. If it was one, that is.

I will try to contact them again.

2 hours ago, Berzeck said:

Miner approval needed

Why not ask them? Core miners should be more than happy if it benefits them more than the multipools? I thought the point was not to change the PoW.

They do not want any protocol change, unless they are bluffing and they have no mine equipment ,  (although everything they said that would happen it happened like price increase, btc38 article and cny/wdc pair trading weeks before it happened), but if not then they say they WON't mine WDC anymore so a multipool will enter and when it exists no miner will be left so transactions would be stuck forever. We need to do this very very delicately. I am very confused on what  their real plans are.

Lets support the guy that wants PoS + PoW, while I make the changes that I promised, this way if they are not bluffing I can restore communication and blame this to a competing fork. I am 100% they do not read this.