Berzeck

Switching block chain tech? Candidates?

42 posts in this topic

Is there a possibility to sync in a faster way than just syncing from scratch? I'm at 60% and this took me like 2 full days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, oliviertg said:

Is there a possibility to sync in a faster way than just syncing from scratch? I'm at 60% and this took me like 2 full days.

you need to download the zipped chain from the installer, it will take a few hours

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is not the case. It indeed takes a few hours to download the zipped chain but when you open the wallet afterwards it starts syncing from 0.0% And this, just as Brent mentioned in another topic, takes like forever!

I think the zipped chain gets unzipped in the wrong directory. Do you know where this is (windows 10) in default situations and where it should belong in default situations?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, oliviertg said:

This is not the case. It indeed takes a few hours to download the zipped chain but when you open the wallet afterwards it starts syncing from 0.0% And this, just as Brent mentioned in another topic, takes like forever!

I think the zipped chain gets unzipped in the wrong directory. Do you know where this is (windows 10) in default situations and where it should belong in default situations?

In the installer you chose the directory where chain will be stored, also editing Daemons.cfg, the variable datadirectory should point to the desired directory

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2017 at 0:51 AM, Shveicar said:

Hi.

I've been waiting for this discussion for a long time.

Let's clarify some details at once.

1. Do you think that the scrypt algorithm should remain unchanged?

2. How about the idea of POS & POW distribution in the ratio of 50% & 50%?

I believe the future for alts survival lies is maintaining a strong network.

I think SYS jumped from scrypt to sha256 and now is merge mined with BTC for this very reason.

I mined a couple years ago but loath the idea of baby sitting miners again. Let the heavy hitters provide network security through a merged mine situation. You always have good network and so many more people take an interest in WDC because for the miners its helps their bottom end and engages them with the WDC community.

I like the POS & POW split idea. It lowers the mining reward but the miners are not as concerned because they are also mining multiple other coins as well.

The wallet has come a long way and POW encourages interaction with the UI. Open up a suggestion box regarding UI functionality and before long you are ahead of everyone else in usability.

Always been a big WDC fan, either way WDC is still on its way.

Thanks,

John

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi all,

I am not a professional about chain technology and tech specs about it, but I have to say, it is necessary to change something. It is not possible to wait hour-and more for a single confirmation. Thinking about switching my holding to other algos because WDC will be unusable this way. My friends who I brought into WDC are very disappointed about current situation and I really do not have the right words for them. Some of them switched to FTC and ETC or just sold all their WDC. SCRYPT miners are still away from EU markets, multipools are doing very bad and there is no way how to stabilize network without stable miners which doing only WDC.
Why should not change to neoscrypt with only PoW? There are lots of GPU miners around there and AMD/NVIDIA are going to release a new set of GPUs designed to mining. Look at FTC, they did it and it is well working with very fast confirmations.

So much my layman's view

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Capturewdc.thumb.JPG.68b9312b2de0cced1cd95ec340c0bc83.JPG

On 5/6/2017 at 11:43 AM, Berzeck said:

Did you ever considered that the site was stuck? (in fact that's what happened).

You really need to double check facts, just running the wallet would have show that the network had no problem at all. 

what about now??

look at the time betwen some blocks . some times higher then 100 min 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it was 7 hours waiting for only 1 confirmation for my todays single TX although there were some new blocks during that time mined. Why? I run wallet on public IP today with 50+ connections and do TXs from this wallet. Do not say that there is no problem, I am sure that there is a problem and we can see it in the time between blocks. Why is it happening?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I will repeat again what I was saying in other threads

1] the problem are multipools that keep swapping coins.

2] We can't just switch protocol because miners won't allow to receive less fess so we will kill the coin if we try to impose. Changing protocol need miners approval so we need a lot of active nodes just to try. If we try to impose and miners quit mining then WDC is dead

3] No one is maintaining neoscrypt so it would be suicide to switch to an unsupported mechanism

4] The only solution is to make WDC more popular BEFORE trying to impose changing the core protocol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Berzeck said:

Ok, I will repeat again what I was saying in other threads

1] the problem are multipools that keep swapping coins.

2] We can't just switch protocol because miners won't allow to receive less fess so we will kill the coin if we try to impose. Changing protocol need miners approval so we need a lot of active nodes just to try. If we try to impose and miners quit mining then WDC is dead

3] No one is maintaining neoscrypt so it would be suicide to switch to an unsupported mechanism

4] The only solution is to make WDC more popular BEFORE trying to impose changing the core protocol

 

I will make a guide in 2-3 days on how to make wdc more popular. No money involved since we don't have it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, s7ryker said:

I will make a guide in 2-3 days on how to make wdc more popular. No money involved since we don't have it.

Thank you very much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.