Berzeck

Switching block chain tech? Candidates?

69 posts in this topic

Hello everybody, as you may know I always stated that we won't switch to another block chain tech until an ultimate solution is found and eventually adopted by WDC, I always said that I won't invest my personal time in an intermediate solution knowing that in the future we will need to change again so it would be a waste of time from my part, those reasons are as good as ever, but what happens if some supporter say that he will pay for it without spending our teams time? ...  well I say: lets do it!

Of course it all will depend that the supporter really commits to his investment so we will go step by step.

First step: Lest all discuss proposals for core improvement, what improvements would you like to see in core?

Some guidelines:

- We won't use alpha or beta status code, that would be crazy and very reckless (to say the least) move because it can kill the network. 

- We won't change to some experimental scheme, even if it is promising (related to point 1)

- The candidate schemes should be currently used and proved to work in production code (Pow + PoS for example) 

Please provide advantages and disadvantages of your proposals

After a set of valid proposals are chosen, we will have a last conversation with the investor so it agrees for the final set of proposals that will subject to vote.

More coins WDC in your wallet more voting power. Exact terms of voting will be discussed and defined after proper steps are gone through

Discuss!

Hi.

I've been waiting for this discussion for a long time.

Let's clarify some details at once.

1. Do you think that the scrypt algorithm should remain unchanged?

2. How about the idea of POS & POW distribution in the ratio of 50% & 50%?

3 minutes ago, Shveicar said:

Hi.

I've been waiting for this discussion for a long time.

Let's clarify some details at once.

1. Do you think that the scrypt algorithm should remain unchanged?

2. How about the idea of POS & POW distribution in the ratio of 50% & 50%?

PoW + PoS is a valid candidate, scrypt could still be used for PoW validation, it is better to keep as simple as possible

12 hours ago, Shveicar said:

Well, let's wait for the answers from the users.

I hope that we have more investors here.

I have contacted chinese investors, they will make their proposal for next week

As I can very well relate to dev's original opinion about not changing the algorithm before something solid and long term is possible, I think it will be good to develop to show the market WDC is alive and well. I don't really have expertise to speak out about details how the algorithm should be changed, but I'm following this topic with great interest. Good luck.

1 hour ago, LowHandicap said:

As I can very well relate to dev's original opinion about not changing the algorithm before something solid and long term is possible, I think it will be good to develop to show the market WDC is alive and well. I don't really have expertise to speak out about details how the algorithm should be changed, but I'm following this topic with great interest. Good luck.

Changing a algorithm makes sense only if you go to a more reliable and secure mechanism (for example, increased resistance to quantum bruteforce).

At the moment, more secure algorithm than scrypt and SHA256 is only SHA3. But since to date, there are not so many coins that use Keccak in combination with POS, (I only know NEXUS and their code is still raw enough)

So I agree, for WDC it makes no sense to try to change its algorithm now.

1 minute ago, Shveicar said:

Changing a algorithm makes sense only if you go to a more reliable and secure mechanism (for example, increased resistance to quantum bruteforce).

At the moment, more secure algorithm than scrypt and SHA256 is only SHA3. But since to date, there are not so many coins that use Keccak in combination with POS, (I only know NEXUS and their code is still raw enough)

So I agree, for WDC it makes no sense to try to change its algorithm now.

You also could rebase core to a more recent LTC version. That also would increase volume

I don't care about Pow + PoS shit to be honest but i convince a friend of mine to buy worldcoin and he complain about the time he needed to download the blockchain etc. If the new block chain tech will speed up the process i'm in.

Off-topic:A lot of people want to invest into-crypto and ask question on forums etc. We need a few guys to convince people to invest in WDC ex https://www.blackhatworld.com/seo/want-to-invest-10k-usd-in-cryptocurrency-please-guide-me.935826/

BERZECK do you trust the "chinese investors" because after Scharmbeck we will not support another hit ??

5 hours ago, s7ryker said:

I don't care about Pow + PoS shit to be honest but i convince a friend of mine to buy worldcoin and he complain about the time he needed to download the blockchain etc. If the new block chain tech will speed up the process i'm in.

Off-topic:A lot of people want to invest into-crypto and ask question on forums etc. We need a few guys to convince people to invest in WDC ex https://www.blackhatworld.com/seo/want-to-invest-10k-usd-in-cryptocurrency-please-guide-me.935826/

It seems to me that you do not quite understand the current problem. The WDC network experiences huge network fluctuations. At the stated specification in 30 seconds for one transaction, we actually have breaks in 150 - 10 minutes. https://www.wdcexplorer.com/ And this process lasts long enough.

102p0d4.jpg

What investment attraction are you talking about now?

6 hours ago, s7ryker said:

BERZECK do you trust the "chinese investors" because after Scharmbeck we will not support another hit ??

Well as much as you can trust to an avatar on internet, so I am very cautious, although I can confirm that they hold a lot WDC and they are the ones buying (at least a part) on Btc38. We have some pending 'items' which will increase my trust more,  we will see in 2 weeks max if everything goes smoothly I will post in this forum.

1 hour ago, kizloc said:

Would SegWit implication help WDC stand out from the crowd?

Right now we really don't  need SegWit because or transaction volume can be handled very well by the network for the years to come,   BUT it could attract traders and speculators so it can't hurt.