bels

Tossing out ideas

8 posts in this topic

I'd like everyone to toss out some ideas for projects using WDC.  I am a web developer and I'm looking to create something that uses WDC but I'd like it to be something that is both 1. useful to the community 2. is achievable to make by someone in their free (who has little free time).  I have already made a lotto game in the past that used LTC that I could convert to WDC very quickly and easily but I can't host it because I am in the US.  So that is just one idea, what's yours?

My cousin is really into Game of War on the Android right now. And he paid a lot for the ingame upgrades and stuff. (A LOT!)
I know there are similar games on the web, because he was playing something called Travian before. I was thinking of something for gamers like my cousin. It would have a similar concept as the game I mentioned.

You start out with a small village. The player upgrades his village and builds an army as time goes by. The player can conquer or raid other players' towns and villages for resources.

Now here is the thing: how could this game be made unique compared to the other thousands of similar games?

The answer is Worldcoins!

As players get stronger and form alliances, they will try to take control of "Worldcoin mines" which generate income as Worldcoins to the controlling player or alliance. These will get mined by the miners the developer controls.

"How will the developers pay for these things?" you might ask. By allowing players to pay by fiat money for upgrades or making their life easier in the game (Shortening building queue for buildings for example).

I think this could attract new users to Worldcoin, and at the same time improve the hash rates.

Just a showerthought. :rolleyes:

I am actually very familiar with travian, playing it right now.  I actually created a game like travian (got about 80% done) a while ago and it was a massive undertaking for just me.  I do like the idea of incorporating worldcoins into it.  The part that didn't get finished was the graphics so I would need some assistance on that possibly.  I'll have to see if I can dig out that old code and see if it is possible to integrate worldcoins into it.

We need simple solution not complicated one.

3 years ago i said on the old forum that  Worldcoin block reward decrease should be increase from 1% reduction/week to 2% reduction/week or at least 1.5 reduction/week because the coin will not be able to maintain the price. (WDC was ~0.5 usd at that time).

A lot of ppl( Who are not here now) said that i was wrong and the price of the coin will go to the moon. I still believe that we should increase the block reward decline because we need the price a little high to attract more user.

Let's face it 99% of person who are into crypto want to make a quick buck and our job right now should be to offer them a option. After we establish the coin we can do the rest like develop aps and games

On 3/21/2017 at 6:04 PM, s7ryker said:

We need simple solution not complicated one.

3 years ago i said on the old forum that  Worldcoin block reward decrease should be increase from 1% reduction/week to 2% reduction/week or at least 1.5 reduction/week because the coin will not be able to maintain the price. (WDC was ~0.5 usd at that time).

A lot of ppl( Who are not here now) said that i was wrong and the price of the coin will go to the moon. I still believe that we should increase the block reward decline because we need the price a little high to attract more user.

Let's face it 99% of person who are into crypto want to make a quick buck and our job right now should be to offer them a option. After we establish the coin we can do the rest like develop aps and games

Why would an increase in the reward reduction make a coin popular?

On 24.03.2017 at 9:15 AM, Joe said:

Why would an increase in the reward reduction make a coin popular?

Sorry that i haven't responded earlier but i was very busy with some of my project

People buy something( coin , car , tv , etc) because they think they will benefit from

that product one way or another. Why do they do that ? Well because human  come biologically programmed with some desires.

Number one is the fact that they will always think in the first place at themselves

They don’t give a damn about how many people you have on staff, or that we have the best coin

They care about what products will do for them , how they’ll make their lives better, happier, more fulfilled.

But how we do that(making them to invest in worldcoin)?

By using persuasion and influence.

Example: Title "Worldcoin Foundation has increased the block reward decrease form 1% to 2%". An increase in worldcoin value should be expected!"

That is influence . I don't tell you to buy the coin cause the price will raise i told you that i

did something and we expect that the price will raise-- i never guarantee that

What will people think? OK so this coin will have increase price soon( I will benefit if i buy)- And that's persuasion.

They act because they believe something.

And trust me Believing something is the most important power today...watch this video and you will understand the power of believe.

On 4/27/2017 at 10:05 AM, s7ryker said:

Sorry that i haven't responded earlier but i was very busy with some of my project

People buy something( coin , car , tv , etc) because they think they will benefit from

that product one way or another. Why do they do that ? Well because human  come biologically programmed with some desires.

Number one is the fact that they will always think in the first place at themselves

They don’t give a damn about how many people you have on staff, or that we have the best coin

They care about what products will do for them , how they’ll make their lives better, happier, more fulfilled.

But how we do that(making them to invest in worldcoin)?

By using persuasion and influence.

Example: Title "Worldcoin Foundation has increased the block reward decrease form 1% to 2%". An increase in worldcoin value should be expected!"

That is influence . I don't tell you to buy the coin cause the price will raise i told you that i

did something and we expect that the price will raise-- i never guarantee that

What will people think? OK so this coin will have increase price soon( I will benefit if i buy)- And that's persuasion.

They act because they believe something.

And trust me Believing something is the most important power today...watch this video and you will understand the power of believe.

Hi s7ryker, thanks for your input!

The problem is that doing that we are attracting wrong kind of people because decreasing block reward is ONLY interesting for traders, i.e. people that don't give a damn about the technology, the coin nor long term prospects (which you are almost explicitly predicting), just  take advantage of the spike this kind of action will generate; the 'product' itself does not get better,  we are just trying to directly manipulate the demand using code which it already has been proven not to work long term with spectacular crashes ( we don't need more of them right?). Short term it works because there is a spike but I won't invest my time on short term things (otherwise you should all be very worried :D ) .

Another reason is that there is an important group of people (in every coin) which thinks that manipulating core by developers is against the decentralization principle and negates the reason why crypto exists in the first place, this reasoning has some merit, so we will do that ONLY when we switch block chain technology to one that solves  the problems of crypto in general and of course if there are some serious problems, changing the offer parameter to manipulate demand will not work for the stated reasons.

Third reason (extremely important as it explains why the subsequent crash is so hard): miners will be pissed and we can not afford to lose miners at this instance

The reason for the current price raise is known (apart from general crypto trend of course)  and it will be soon revealed to everyone (1 - 2 weeks max), It's really something pretty simple but it may have some impact. I don't reveal it now because I do not speculate nor pump until something is a done deal.