Griffonyx

WBC 3.0 Observations from a newcomer

Question

Hi, I am a new user of the WBC 3.0 software. I recently acquired my first worldcoins on an exchange and decided it was time to install the wallet.

First thing I noticed after downloading and installing, Avast detected a virus in the daemon file and immediately put it into quarantine.

I hesitated and considered uninstalling the program and aborting the whole experience because of that. Eventually I decided it was likely a false positive result from Avast and took the risk to continue the experience and make an exception in Avast for the daemon.

With my internet connexion speed of 1.2 Mb/s, WDC wallet synchronization took 72 hours. BTC wallet synchronization took 10 days !! Now when I open the wallet after a while, synchronization update for WDC is fast but for BTC is still too long. Is there a way to deactivate or remove the BTC wallet from inside the WBC ? I'll just keep the WDC function.

Another thing I noticed is in the Wallets Summary: the WDC 'Balance' number and the WDC 'Unconfirmed' number are the same. Let's say I have 500 WDC, it shows like this:

Balance: 500

Unconfirmed: 500

If I receive a payment of 270 WDC, just upon arrival it shows:

Balance: 770

A few minutes later after more blocks confirmations it shows:

Unconfirmed: 770

All this suggests the second number is the Confirmed, NOT Unconfirmed, balance. Could the terms 'Unconfirmed' and 'Confirmed' have been mistakenly inverted in the program? Has anyone else noticed that? Or there is a minor bug in my wallet? I have been able to send and receive WDC without problem with multiple successful transactions.

Last observation I will share for now is about fees. Is there a way to include fees for the miners, or it's not necessary ? All transactions done until now were without fees, and went perfectly fine.

6 answers to this question

11 hours ago, Griffonyx said:

Hi, I am a new user of the WBC 3.0 software. I recently acquired my first worldcoins on an exchange and decided it was time to install the wallet.

First thing I noticed after downloading and installing, Avast detected a virus in the daemon file and immediately put it into quarantine.

I hesitated and considered uninstalling the program and aborting the whole experience because of that. Eventually I decided it was likely a false positive result from Avast and took the risk to continue the experience and make an exception in Avast for the daemon.

With my internet connexion speed of 1.2 Mb/s, WDC wallet synchronization took 72 hours. BTC wallet synchronization took 10 days !! Now when I open the wallet after a while, synchronization update for WDC is fast but for BTC is still too long. Is there a way to deactivate or remove the BTC wallet from inside the WBC ? I'll just keep the WDC function.

Another thing I noticed is in the Wallets Summary: the WDC 'Balance' number and the WDC 'Unconfirmed' number are the same. Let's say I have 500 WDC, it shows like this:

Balance: 500

If I receive a payment of 270 WDC, just upon arrival it shows:

A few minutes later after more blocks confirmations it shows:

Unconfirmed: 770

All this suggests the second number is the Confirmed, NOT Unconfirmed, balance. Could the terms 'Unconfirmed' and 'Confirmed' have been mistakenly inverted in the program? Has anyone else noticed that? Or there is a minor bug in my wallet? I have been able to send and receive WDC without problem with multiple successful transactions.

Last observation I will share for now is about fees. Is there a way to include fees for the miners, or it's not necessary ? All transactions done until now were without fees, and went perfectly fine.

Hello! Thanks for your feedback.

My thoughts below

1) About Avast: Sadly many antivirus programs flag the software as virus because it has routines that allow to download information from Internet (the installation of files, the current price, etc). We are investigating if signing the executable would solve the problem at least partially

2) About disabling BTC:  There are 2 ways

2.1) Disabling for session only: Click on the coin selector on the top right of the app and uncheck the box left to Bitcoin

2.2) Disabled until further notice:  Choose Bitcoin as your current coin, click on the component called DaemonSettings and disable Bitcoin there 

This procedure will work for the coins that we will add

3) About downloading chain: Don't forget that the installer has an option to download the whole chain in compressed format. It would take just a couple of hours (you have to check the advanced option at the start)

4) About bug. I will check it out, thanks for reporting

11 hours ago, Berzeck said:

1) About Avast: Sadly many antivirus programs flag the software as virus because it has routines that allow to download information from Internet (the installation of files, the current price, etc). We are investigating if signing the executable would solve the problem at least partially

2) About disabling BTC:  There are 2 ways

2.1) Disabling for session only: Click on the coin selector on the top right of the app and uncheck the box left to Bitcoin

2.2) Disabled until further notice:  Choose Bitcoin as your current coin, click on the component called DaemonSettings and disable Bitcoin there 

This procedure will work for the coins that we will add

3) About downloading chain: Don't forget that the installer has an option to download the whole chain in compressed format. It would take just a couple of hours (you have to check the advanced option at the start)

4) About bug. I will check it out, thanks for reporting

Thanks for the answer and advice, it's appreciated.

Hi I have downloaded the latest version of WDC but the synchronise is very slow "Network request error" appears. Please help me to solve this problem

On 4/16/2017 at 7:05 AM, 123456 said:

Hi I have downloaded the latest version of WDC but the synchronise is very slow "Network request error" appears. Please help me to solve this problem

The installer has an option to download the whole chain in a few hours