marecek666

Linux Wallet installation

Question

hi, I wanted to try Linux version of WDC wallet. Followed instructions in FAQ from your website. Are you sure about commands?

There are commands like: apt-get install  which does not work (it said if I am sure the admin although I am the only user admin) and I realised that correct should be sudo apt-get instal, only this is working

there is nothing about things like where can people find all necessary packages. EG libmng1, this one is on the official mint page and there is also install button, after the click there is nothing to install, system said. When I go to software center there is status installed for this library, but there is no chance to find out where/path in local computer. WDC does not want to run, because it is missing for it. Tried libmng2, this one is installed too according to software center. But there is nothing about the path, where is it installed again. Used ldd to figure out all missing libraries and installed everything needed. Except this one. SW center says that it is installet, WDC says that it is missing.

I am very disappointed about it. Wanted to use WDC in Mint18 but there is no way for it. Could you provide correct step by step solution or this wallet version is only for experienced linux users?

8 answers to this question

after installation there is this in console:

QObject::connect: Cannot connect (null)::stateChanged(QNetworkSession::State) to QNetworkReplyHttpImpl::_q_networkSessionStateChanged(QNetworkSession::State)
file:///home/marek/Plocha/WDC/WFUserInterface/AXLib/AXCell.qml:21:3: QML Image: Invalid image data: file:///home/marek/Plocha/WDC/WFUserInterface/BlueBreeze_Desktop/Images/Table_IMWarningMessageIcon.svg

and wallet is doing nothing
see printscreen:

https://postimg.org/image/cj4tw105t/

is it OK?

a] Are you running Worldcoin.sh?

b] Does file /home/marek/Plocha/WDC/WFUserInterface/BlueBreeze_Desktop/Images/Table_IMWarningMessageIcon.svg exist in your PC? if not you should rename WorldcoinBC.cfg and execute WorldcoinBC to download missing files

I deleted whole virtual machine with this distro. Maybe it is not suitable for WDC. It was the latest Mint18. I need a windows replacement, and thought that Mint could be fine as allinone solution. Will try another distro next week.