Jack

Reaching out to the community for advice…

Question

In late 2013, I was introduced to the crypto currency world, at the time BTC was on a tear and LTC was not too far behind. As I studied more about crypto’s I came to the conclusion that this was the wave of the future and jumped in with both feet. I started to build some mining rigs and bought some WDC outright from private sources. I ended up building four mining rigs at a cost of 4K each; I installed extra electrical outlets to handle the power draw. At the time WDC was selling at $0.35 and it looked like I could make a few dollars and the future looked bright. Fast-forward to today, the initial investment to buy WDC has dropped to less than $0.01 and the electric bill to keep my machines running was well over $200.00 each, we have since had a steep price increase for electricity. Last summer I was forced to pull the plug on my machines, they are just sitting in my basement collecting dust, every time I look at them, I feel sad that I can’t help support the community. Some people have told me I should take them apart and sell the pieces on e-bay to recover what I have spent, to be honest, that breaks my heart and I can’t bring myself to do that. I think what I need is someone that has access to cheap power, someone that I could partner with and get these rigs mining again. If anyone in the community has any ideas, please PM me, I am open to all suggestions. Please don't take this as a negitive, I still believe in the crypto world and love the people I have met in my travels, I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

Thanks for listening to my rant...

Peace...

4 answers to this question

In late 2013, I was introduced to the crypto currency world, at the time BTC was on a tear and LTC was not too far behind. As I studied more about crypto’s I came to the conclusion that this was the wave of the future and jumped in with both feet. I started to build some mining rigs and bought some WDC outright from private sources. I ended up building four mining rigs at a cost of 4K each; I installed extra electrical outlets to handle the power draw. At the time WDC was selling at $0.35 and it looked like I could make a few dollars and the future looked bright. Fast-forward to today, the initial investment to buy WDC has dropped to less than $0.01 and the electric bill to keep my machines running was well over $200.00 each, we have since had a steep price increase for electricity. Last summer I was forced to pull the plug on my machines, they are just sitting in my basement collecting dust, every time I look at them, I feel sad that I can’t help support the community. Some people have told me I should take them apart and sell the pieces on e-bay to recover what I have spent, to be honest, that breaks my heart and I can’t bring myself to do that. I think what I need is someone that has access to cheap power, someone that I could partner with and get these rigs mining again. If anyone in the community has any ideas, please PM me, I am open to all suggestions. Please don't take this as a negitive, I still believe in the crypto world and love the people I have met in my travels, I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

Peace...

Hi!, some guys mine the most profitable coin, cover expenses and then buy WDC , you can check what are the most profitable coins on www.coinwarz.com 

with the remainder

Well, any of my other suggestions for free electricity would be illegal so the best advice I can give is either solar power or wind turbines. Another would be to ask a friendly farmer if he would mind you using his electricity.

Peace...

You can always mine and save until 1 WDC costs 349 000 usd.