Sign in to follow this  
Berzeck

WBC 2.0.1 Known Issues

thanks for a new wallet, but something is missing in it. There is no address book and no settings. Is it going to be in next release?

When I open last txs there are only addresses, not names from my address book. It is not possible create/add address to book.

And could you explain the meaning of icons in the right top corner? There is no description when I point mouse cursor over it and it does nothing when I click on it.

Anothere thing, it is not possible to sort txs (by date or number of confirmations). All txs are sorted from the oldest first and that is a bit annoying. When you want to see last txs you have to roll down through the list.

And it is not possible to make several txs in the 1 tx. I was able to make more than 1 tx in 1 tx send windows - entering first address and amount, then click + to add another address and amount etc... Finally it was able to make several coins movements in 1 tx with 1 tx fee. Why this is not possible now?

wbc.jpg

and about addresses, what are change addresses? There is 1 standard and several anothers (marked as change addresses) and they/their balances are changing after making txs.

Is there something necessary for running this wallet as a node? Or just start it and let it running?
I want to leave it running for supporting the network.

Now after receiving one tx, wallet created another standard address with zero balance although I received coins to my only standard address. Why? There will be a lot of addresses after using this wallet in the future.

Hi! as stated in release notes (that you didn't read, bad bad bad marecek666 :D )we have developed only a basic set of components, the reason is that for firsts releases on 2.x.x series we needed  to test the framework, so if an important bug is found in the design we wouldn't need to remake all components. Happily this was not the case, the framework is extremely solid so we can move on. A lot Components a functionality will be added in next releases.

Next release (Last days of Dec) we will add 2 components including the possibility to add addresses and functionality on InfoBar icons you put in your screenshot.

Meanwhile from right to left:

Infobar.jpg.eada82db5f86bce3ad2036218317

1] Daemon is up: The application responsible to send coins, receive, sign etc etc is in good shape

2] Sync complete, It starts gray when downloading first transactions of block chain and progressively the left part becomes green in proportion to the total transactions downloaded and finally it turns blue when all block chain is synchronized

3] When blue this means that your wallet is encrypted. Gray otherwise

4] Not yet implemented but in next version will mean  how many other nodes you are connected, the standard is 8

5] The cloud means that you connected to our servers, we will offer a lot of services for the wallet but right now it offers the auto update mechanism

6] Speaking of which, when this start flashing you should click 'Updater' in the left panel. This means that an update is available.

However in the next version you will be able to click in this icon and the update window will appear

7] Not yet implemented, it will be important in the future

About 'change' addresses. this features is in previous wallets and on all bitcoin derived wallets,  amusingly it is somehow being hidden from the user which is very  very dangerous.

As you may know when you create a new wallet it creates 100 pair of keys, then suppose you receive 1000 wdc and you want to spend 100 wdc, behind the scenes the wallet (and all btc derived wallets) spends the 1000, sending 100 to the address you intended and 900 to a new automatically generated address in your own wallet as change. Previous versions for some reason wanted to hide this fact from use and made it transparent for him. This is dangerous because if the wallet creates more than 100 addresses and you restore a backup then you will lose coins because the keys of latest addresses would not be in your backup probably.

That's why the new wallet generates a backup automatically after  you send coins so you never risk losing coins.

A lot of people lost and continues losing money for this behavior in name of privacy. Please let  me know if i was clear enough :)

thanks for fast answer, great job this wallet. I can see it is running several hours now and there was no crash or error (as in previous version was). I am going to let it run all the time.

So my previous address book has gone away? I was used that my add book was backed up in the wallet file. Everytime I reinstalled/updated wallet and put wallet file into it, my add book was there.

No no, the wallet format hasn't changed don't worry all your data is there, I just need to add components to interpret that section of the wallet, i think that for version 2.1.0 (February) we will have all functionality that previous wallet had plus a lot more