Accept

Worldcoin Weekly Report 28th Jan

The new forum this week as been a success and is buzzing with activity. Hopefully you have all moved over successfully.

A FAQ section with video tutorials has been created. So far it covers main issues users have with wallet installation, there’s more to come too over the next few weeks. Post questions in the help section and we’ll think about making videos for problems you may have.

Our application server (Pulzar) can now talk to worldcoind, to test this we will have a new release with a new feature, until Sunday we will have a Beta and a couple of days later we release to public. Users of 1.0.2 version will be informed that an update is available so you can update if you want.

In other news, we suspect our largest investor is Chinese because of the large amount of WDC that passed through the network this week. We would like to say ‘你好,我們提供免費的論壇會員升級到我們最大的中國投資者’. Discussion on the subject can be seen here.

Forum Events

Buggie awarded V.I.P status, ‘Dev Mania’ and ‘Donator’ Award

Ghost55 Awarded Mod status and ‘Donator’ Award

Colaxais awarded Mod status

Datsunking1 awarded Mod status

Rules Change: ‘Troll’ is now a banned word.

Any questions, contact@worldcoin.global

~~ Worldcoin Team ~~

All days, I read all topics, not (I use google traduction, lol) and you work hard.

I don't understand which worldcoind is, but it's not a problem. :-) I know that it's benefic to the coin.

All days, I read all topics, not (I use google traduction, lol) and you work hard.

I don't understand which worldcoind is, but it's not a problem. :-) I know that it's benefic to the coin.

You can say that Worldcoind is the 'engine' of your wallet, it's the part of the software that signs transactions, archives them in a database, send your coins, hold your keys, etc etc. This engine has many ways to communicate with other software, so in order to communicate efficiently, some functions are exposed to any software that wants to talk with it, this is called an API. For example you can send to Worldcoind the command 'getmininginfo' and it will return some interesting data like network hashes per second and difficulty.

Around this engine, the original developers created another layer called the UI (User Interface) which is the window that you see when running the wallet, sadly this UI is somewhat coupled to the engine, this means that if you want to change the layout of the wallet or change the black frame to another color, you have to recompile all the wallet (including the engine), which is a tedious process.

So when i say that i created a bridge to Worldcoind it simple means that i created a set of functions that can talk  to Worldcoind from another program, in this case Pulzar, so if i want to change something in Pulzar, i don't need to recompile all engine. For the next major version (April - May ) we will use this technology in the wallet to decouple completely the engine from the UI, so if you would like to change the colors and the fonts, you can do that without knowing how to develop. One consequence of this will be that the wallet will use themes, so any user will be able to change the appearance of the wallet at will. There are more important consequences of this decoupling that will be explained in due time

Talking is nice, but increasing coin value is King.

Hi! Welcome to the forum !

I like your comment because although simplistic it allows us to illustrate  what is the difference between long term value and short term value.

When you really talk about long term value it should intrinsically imply that earnings are a direct CONSEQUENCE from the work we are doing and not the CAUSE.

For example putting buying walls probably will increase the price very short term, changing the PoW, PoS is also another example.

What we are building is an infrastructure that will allow the coin an organic growth (another abused term that should really mean something ); probably the first question you will have about this comment is how exactly we are planning to achieve that goal.

The first major step of our global strategy (which will be deployed this year) is to lower significantly the learning curve of development, this will allow a lot of developers and designers with different skill levels and knowledge to contribute directly to the coin's progress , the situation right now with most (all ? ) coins is that people need to know c++, Qt, crypto algorithms, block chain insight, compiling, etc. to make a significant change in the wallet, so a lot  of people feel intimidated to directly participate in the development process. Targeting this situation, our new infrastructure will have four decoupled layers with different required skills and development period:

- Core :

Required skills : c++, crypto, block chain  

Development speed: very slow

Description: This is the deepest layer that need a lot of knowledge in crypto in general, we will 'leech' Bitcoin - Litecoin mind share re basing the Core to newer Bitcoind , Litecoind daemons

- Services :

Required skills : c++, Qt , basic knowledge of block chain

Development speed: medium

Description: Around the Core we will design and implement a well thought comprehensive API 

- Plugins :

Required skills : QML, JavaScript

Development speed: fast

Description: Above the Services API a lot of developers will be able to make plugins in JavaScript and/or QML without knowing anything about crypto. They won't need to recompile wallet to develop their plugins ( will be loaded run time)

- Designers : Photoshop, GIMP ( or similar software)

Development speed: very fast

Description: Designers will be able to modify the UI without recompiling, without knowing anything about crypto or development in general. including the fonts, the layout, the colors, the window decoration  etc etc

As you can see, we will be able to take advantage of a lot of passive manpower that exists today simply because they won't need to learn a lot more to be able to contribute. 

PD: Forgive me my bad English :)

I like your comment because although simplistic it allows us to illustrate  what is the difference between long term value and short term value.

When you really talk about long term value it should intrinsically imply that earnings are a direct CONSEQUENCE from the work we are doing and not the CAUSE.

For example putting buying walls probably will increase the price very short term, changing the PoW, PoS is also another example.

What we are building is an infrastructure that will allow the coin an organic growth (another abused term that should really mean something ); probably the first question you will have about this comment is how exactly we are planning to achieve that goal.

The first major step of our global strategy (which will be deployed this year) is to lower significantly the learning curve of development, this will allow a lot of developers and designers with different skill levels and knowledge to contribute directly to the coin's progress , the situation right now with most (all ? ) coins is that people need to know c++, Qt, crypto algorithms, block chain insight, compiling, etc. to make a significant change in the wallet, so a lot  of people feel intimidated to directly participate in the development process. Targeting this situation, our new infrastructure will have four decoupled layers with different required skills and development period:

- Core :

Description: This is the deepest layer that need a lot of knowledge in crypto in general, we will 'leech' Bitcoin - Litecoin mind share re basing the Core to newer Bitcoind , Litecoind daemons

- Services :

Description: Around the Core we will design and implement a well thought comprehensive API 

- Plugins :

Description: Above the Services API a lot of developers will be able to make plugins in JavaScript and/or QML without knowing anything about crypto. They won't need to recompile wallet to develop their plugins ( will be loaded run time)

Description: Designers will be able to modify the UI without recompiling, without knowing anything about crypto or development in general. including the fonts, the layout, the colors, the window decoration  etc etc

As you can see, we will be able to take advantage of a lot of passive manpower that exists today simply because they won't need to learn a lot more to be able to contribute. 

Then me and Deane can have a Worldcoin Dota 2 UI! :DB)

Thanks for your reply, and for the record, your English is better than good. I have tried to keep the price of WDC on Cryptsy abouve 2200 sat, and it seems impossible, everytime i make a purchase someone keeps dumping as if they do not want the same thing or they have too many WDC coins.

I own 30,000 WDC and looking to get many more, but this kind of trading would discourage anyone.

Why can't the community increase the coin value, look at UNB, has made history on Cryptsy.

- Core :

- Services :

- Plugins :

All of you associated with WDC, definitely own and trade other coins that you are not even associated with,...so to say that by creating buy walls on WDC is not a long term solution, is absurd.

Why support any other DEV's coin and not your own ?

In that case, how have other coins won your love, and what have they done, to do so ?

...well look at that and implement it in WDC. 

Since inception WDC has only met resistance once, so it is safe to say that mostly everyone lost money that has ever bought WDC at the exchanges . The chart is in a free fall for a very long time, when will we see the next resistance ? Establish a fair and stable price for WDC and for the community and stick with it. Is hard for anyone to purchase or accept payment with WDC if the price has no bottom.

Thanks for your reply, and for the record, your English is better than good. I have tried to keep the price of WDC on Cryptsy abouve 2200 sat, and it seems impossible, everytime i make a purchase someone keeps dumping as if they do not want the same thing or they have too many WDC coins.

I own 30,000 WDC and looking to get many more, but this kind of trading would discourage anyone.

Why can't the community increase the coin value, look at UNB, has made history on Cryptsy.

We are just retrieving a little more information as we might know the cause of this.