Berzeck

WBC 2.0.0 Known issues

I will collect here all issues reported and some workarounds if available.

1] [Confirmed -> Fixed (v2.0.1)] - Win 10 rendering issue in some configurations

2] [Investigating -> Invalid] - Changing backup folder does not work

3] [Confirmed -> Fixed (v2.0.1)] - Address detail doesn't show all addresses in some circumstances

Hey bud,

I am having trouble getting hippo to run on my system... Im running Windows 10 64bit and when I download and run... Nothing comes up at all... Am I missing something? 

I tried running it as administrator also with no effect... Perhaps if I run it in compatibility mode for 7 or something? 

Cheers,

Ghosty

Hello, yes we identified another computer with Win10 that has the same problem, it is definitely a rendering issue. Can you provide more details about your hardware? is video card Intel? are video drivers loaded?

thanks for your help!

Sure... 

I'm running AMD R9 280X at the moment with the latest drivers...  Not the beta drivers...  

I'm a PC gamer first and foremost so I keep up to date with drivers and updates...  

5 hours ago, Ghost55 said:

Sure... 

I'm running AMD R9 280X at the moment with the latest drivers...  Not the beta drivers...  

I'm a PC gamer first and foremost so I keep up to date with drivers and updates...  

One computer reported the same problem and it was determined that it was a driver issue, although he had Intel video card.

We are unable to replicate the problem, is there anyway i could access via teamviewer or something to work on it?

Or maybe access to q virtual machine with win 10 ?

Sure no problemo... Sorry I would have totally helped out and let you try to track it on my computer I have just been so busy with the kids my time on the computer is spotty lately... I'm sure you will figure it out!!  Thanks for doing all that you do for this community bud and I look forward to checking out all your hard work later when I get it installed!! 

Cheers,

Ghosty

No problem! i have kids too so i know the amount of time needed to take care of them ;)

Thanks for your words!, happily we have just 3 reported bugs, the only serious one is this one, something changed on win 10.

Okay bud... Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you... I have updated to the latest video drivers and now the installer runs and copies all the files properly but now the installer itself freezes up right at the end of the installation process... I've tried running in compatibility mode for Windows 7 but that has no effect... If I just close the installer and try to run it nothing happens!

So at the moment I am running without any wallet at all... Not a big deal as I have my backup dat file saved... Still trying to mess around with it... I'll let you know if I succeed at getting it to work... 

Cheers,

Ghosty

3 hours ago, Ghost55 said:

Okay bud... Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you... I have updated to the latest video drivers and now the installer runs and copies all the files properly but now the installer itself freezes up right at the end of the installation process... I've tried running in compatibility mode for Windows 7 but that has no effect... If I just close the installer and try to run it nothing happens!

So at the moment I am running without any wallet at all... Not a big deal as I have my backup dat file saved... Still trying to mess around with it... I'll let you know if I succeed at getting it to work... 

Cheers,

Ghosty

The compatibily issues were fixed, did you dowloaded latest version of WorldcoinBC? if not please try. A text stating the version should appear in first page of the installer.

If doing this you still have problems please send screenshot in the place where it crashes