Berzeck

WBC Beta 3 - Know Issues

Please post in this thread issues you encounter .

Known pending issues:

[Beta2]

- [DONE - Beta 2] Daemon crashes after a while on Windows version.

- [DONE - Beta 2] No application icon is shown.

- [DONE - Beta 2] Main window should have a way to resize horizontal and vertical axis at the same time.

- [DONE - Beta 2] When maximizing main window, there is no easy way to restore to the previous size.

-  [DONE - Beta 2] Scaling issues.

-  [DONE - Beta 2] Enable to scale up with Crtl +  and scale down with Ctrl -.

[Beta3]

- [DONE - Beta 3] New Component: Encrypt Wallet

- [DONE - Beta 3] New Component: Updater

- [DONE - Beta 3] Components don't have resize handler

- [DONE - Beta 3] Icon to show if wallet is synced

- [DONE - Beta 3] When window is maximized, window can't scale up

- [DONE - Beta 3] Configuration variable: DataDirectory is defined in two files; it should be only defined on Daemons,cfg

- [DONE - Beta 3] Components don't have resize handler

- [DONE - Beta 3] Double click on title bar maximizes/restore window size

- [DONE - Beta 3] Only one instance of the application should be started

- [DONE - Beta 3] Rename component "Backups Config" to "Backup Settings"

- [DONE - Beta 3] Visual tool for zooming

- [DONE - Beta 3] Fixed a annoying memory leak

- [DONE - Beta 3] Main window size should not change when scaling

- [DONE - Beta 3] Version and version name should be displayed

- [POSTPONED - 2.0.x] Add tray icon functionality

- [UNABLE TO REPRODUCE - ?] Buttons don't scale up

[Beta4]

- [Done - Beta 4] Bigger column widths

- [Done - Beta 4] Diagonal resize icon changed

- [Done - Beta 4] Diagonal resize from both sides

- [Done - Beta 4] Dragging windows from the status bar

- [Done - Beta 4] Synchronizing progress on status bar

- [Done - Beta 4] Disproportionately component scaling

- [Done - Beta 4] Hide search panel until is used future versions

- [Done - Beta 4] In status bar show sync progress, only if fully synchronized show the word "Ready!"

- [Done - Beta 4] Scrollbars for workspace. When needed workspace gets bigger

- [Done - Beta 4] Upgrade to Qt 5.5.1

- [Done - Beta 4] Vector Icons (mostly)

- [IN PROGRESS (90%)  - Beta 3] Integrate with update system

- [Done - Beta 4] Modify installer / wizard with new parameters

Edited by Berzeck

I don't know if I've gone wrong somewhere but I can't seem to see any of the above fixes? And it still crashes. Are you sure that in your zombie state, you didn't upload the wrong compilation?

System: Windows 7 Professional 64bit - Service Pack 1

- non transparent corners (black background)
- no icon for executable file
- resolution too small for my screen (using 1366x768)
- can't drag from the corners to scale horizontally and vertically same time. Same thing about inner windows.
- can open more than one program window simultaniously
- can't size down the window to a original size after fullscreening when clicking the middle button on the right up corner.
- can't size down the window either when double clicking the top area of the window.
- program freezer often after fullscreening.. ALT+CTRL+DEL=task manager works to get out.
- Not sure what the icons in right corner should do but all of them are grey, except for the WorldCoin icon on the right. Clicking it doesn't do a thing though.
- On the bottom it says "Ready!." There should be no dot after exclamation mark.

WBC.jpg

System: Windows 7 Ultimate

1. Scaling small then using drag to scale up leaves everything small including the but enlarges the window, everything should be able to be solved on screen because now it's so small that I can't drag it.vD5llJI.png
  2. It says syncing complete when it's not.
  3. Buttons don't scale up.
  4. Scaling up using hotkeys only works when it wants to.

Hi. I tested the new version beta. I see that a lot has been correcting. But  I can not fold wallet in the tray menu..  If you look at old wallet, then there is a separate option for it

JESZd1h.png

It might be worth it to implement this option (minimize to tray) when you click the icon wallet?

TyGYDFm.png

also, there is a proposal to merge these sections  Daemons.cfg

BJzgwXq.png

and WorldcoinBC.cfg

SWAFTmS.png

into a single configuration file. It is more convenient when all the basic settings are in one place and not scattered in different files.

Hi,

I am pointing the bugs I noticed below:

- Graphics: I am not sure how the graphics are implemented but it seems like they won't show sharp on other resolutions. Have you tried using vectors instead? (image80.jpg)

- Scaling: Should we have maximum and minimum limits on scaling? (image85.jpg)

- Resizing: I can see that you have implemented resizing option from the right bottom corner so people can drag the corner vertically and horizontally at the same time. There are however a few issues:

* Windows shows wrong (Move) cursor icon for this instead of showing resize cursor. This makes people easily confused. We should use "Diagonal Resize" cursor for the corners. (image87.jpg)

* Resizing should work on each corner. Not only on one corner.

* Is it possible to make the window only expanding to that direction where you are dragging towards? Not to opposite direction as well. This is kind of annoying when you want to only expand to one way only and you lose the other end too.

- Dragging inner windows: Can you also make it possible to drag the inner windows from the bottom bar? As of now, it is possible for the window to escape too high and there is no way to get it back from there. (image89.jpg)

- Scrolling desktops don't work properly: If you open a function window (such as "Send") when using full screen and then you resizing the main window smaller, you can't scroll to see the function window any more and there is no way to access is without going back to full screen. Perhaps the desktop size should be automatically (upon resizing the window smaller) adjusted to as big as the space used with full screen before resizing?

- Should we allow full screen option for inner "function" Windows as well?

- Should we add scroll bars for inner windows as well so people can use them without resizing? (image91.jpg)

- Text should be locked with background so scaling won't cause this issues. (image93.jpg)

- Is there a possibility to create new desktops and rename existing ones?

- What is supposed to be shown in "search panel"?

- What is "Ready!" bar on the bottom representing? Mine shows "Ready!" even though the block chain is not nearly fully downloaded.

This is all I could find with a quick look! :)

Image80.jpg

Image85.jpg

Image87.jpg

Image89.jpg

Image91.jpg

Image93.jpg

Edited by iceviking

The scaling drag bar you added increases text / icon size but not the outer window. So there needs to be two sliders, or one which has a clever mechanism to increase text and window size individually. There should be fixed sizes for panels or at least many limitations and queries to prevent problems that iceviking had.

Back to the drawing board, need to work out how to ensure proportion, the user shouldn't be able to put it to the point of invisibility or cut off words.

Hi,

I am pointing the bugs I noticed below:

- Graphics: I am not sure how the graphics are implemented but it seems like they won't show sharp on other resolutions. Have you tried using vectors instead? (image80.jpg)

- Scaling: Should we have maximum and minimum limits on scaling? (image85.jpg)

- Resizing: I can see that you have implemented resizing option from the right bottom corner so people can drag the corner vertically and horizontally at the same time. There are however a few issues:

* Windows shows wrong (Move) cursor icon for this instead of showing resize cursor. This makes people easily confused. We should use "Diagonal Resize" cursor for the corners. (image87.jpg)

* Resizing should work on each corner. Not only on one corner.

* Is it possible to make the window only expanding to that direction where you are dragging towards? Not to opposite direction as well. This is kind of annoying when you want to only expand to one way only and you lose the other end too.

- Dragging inner windows: Can you also make it possible to drag the inner windows from the bottom bar? As of now, it is possible for the window to escape too high and there is no way to get it back from there. (image89.jpg)

- Scrolling desktops don't work properly: If you open a function window (such as "Send") when using full screen and then you resizing the main window smaller, you can't scroll to see the function window any more and there is no way to access is without going back to full screen. Perhaps the desktop size should be automatically (upon resizing the window smaller) adjusted to as big as the space used with full screen before resizing?

- Should we allow full screen option for inner "function" Windows as well?

- Should we add scroll bars for inner windows as well so people can use them without resizing? (image91.jpg)

- Text should be locked with background so scaling won't cause this issues. (image93.jpg)

- Is there a possibility to create new desktops and rename existing ones?

- What is supposed to be shown in "search panel"?

- What is "Ready!" bar on the bottom representing? Mine shows "Ready!" even though the block chain is not nearly fully downloaded.

This is all I could find with a quick look! :)

Hello IceViking, thanks for feedback

1] Graphics: I am not sure how the graphics are implemented but it seems like they won't show sharp on other resolutions. Have you tried using vectors instead? (image80.jpg)
We can use vector icons but someone needs to draw them and send them to me

2] We have limits: 0.5 minimum and 2 maximum which seems reasonable in 1080 (Standard) and 4k monitors, sadly i can't test all resolutions and DPI's possible to adjust the limits individually
Maybe if you can send me  your DPI (Dots per inch), the resolution and the limits that seems to work i can start adding limits per resolution.
I think i know why the UI don't change the same within differnet DPI's and resolutions but i would need to redo the UI (which i will in later versions)
Also i fixed an important bug that under some circumstances components scaled disproportionately. Please check again in Beta 4

3] Windows shows wrong (Move) cursor icon for this instead of showing resize cursor. This makes people easily confused. We should use "Diagonal Resize" cursor for the corners. (image87.jpg)
Fixed

4] Resizing should work on each corner. Not only on one corner.
Added

5] Is it possible to make the window only expanding to that direction where you are dragging towards? Not to opposite direction as well. This is kind of annoying when you want to only expand to one way only and you lose the other end too.
I am not sure that i understand this correctly. When you cick the diagonal resize handler it is expected that it is able to resize both ways. Please elaborate.

6] Dragging inner windows: Can you also make it possible to drag the inner windows from the bottom bar? As of now, it is possible for the window to escape too high and there is no way to get it back from there. (image89.jpg)
Good idea. Fixed

7] Scrolling desktops don't work properly: If you open a function window (such as "Send") when using full screen and then you resizing the main window smaller, you can't scroll to see the function window any more and there is no way to access is without going back to full screen. Perhaps the desktop size should be automatically (upon resizing the window smaller) adjusted to as big as the space used with full screen before resizing?
Fixed

8] Should we allow full screen option for inner "function" Windows as well?
Different components have enterely different size needs, most components would be distorted too much with this function, however if users request this feature will consider adding this in a future version. We need more feedback

9] Should we add scroll bars for inner windows as well so people can use them without resizing? (image91.jpg)
if users request this feature we could add this in a future version. We need more feedback

10] Text should be locked with background so scaling won't cause this issues. (image93.jpg)
Fixed. (At least in the component where it was discovered this happens)

11] Is there a possibility to create new desktops and rename existing ones?
Thats the idea but for future versions. First i need to tweak scale engine, then we need to add multimonitor support, and then we will add the possibility to add and rename desktops

12] What is supposed to be shown in "search panel"?
It will be useful for future versions, i will hide this for now.

13] What is "Ready!" bar on the bottom representing? Mine shows "Ready!" even though the block chain is not nearly fully downloaded.
It means that Business Center is ready to receive commands, the wallet is (will) be a small part of the whole application. However i understand that this can be confussing so when synchronizing starts it will display the progress

Edited by Berzeck