wolverine5pl

Wallet.dat corrupt salvage failed

Question

I was syncing my wallet for two days. today I started my pc and wallet woudnt start.So i deleted everything besides wallet.dat and now I get Wallet.dat corrupt salvage failed and after that wallet.dat is renamed to wallet.(NUMBERS)

Is there anything I can to to recover my wallet?

8 answers to this question

Okay so what I would suggest is, head over to http://worldcoin.global/worldcoin-quick-start/and download worldcoinbc.exe. Keep that wallet.dat file safe first and backup! If you have an old wallet from over 6months or so ago then your wallet.dat will be in %appdata% (we changed default directory to my documents now).

So install a fresh install, go through steps and download blockchain from installer, much much faster than syncing. Once completed the whole installation paste your wallet.dat and overwrite the one in the WorldcoinChain folder in your documents.

I assume you use Windows?

Edit - If that doesn't work we can further troubleshoot.

done it. and still same wallet.dat corrupt:(

So you already did that and reinstalled blockchain? Do you have no backups of your wallet.dat? And are you sure that you have correct files, when did you first use new installer (any WorldcoinBC installers)?

installer got 3 days ago. and now i reinstalled it again and downdloaded blockchain with expert settings. looks like wallet.dat got corrupted after i deleted chainstate.

anyway to fix it?

installer got 3 days ago. and now i reinstalled it again and downdloaded blockchain with expert settings. looks like wallet.dat got corrupted after i deleted chainstate.

anyway to fix it?

Did you have 8.6.2 before? please go to 'Run' then type %appdata% and if there is a Worldcoin folder there go into it and find your wallet.dat, copy it. So you reinstalled and then deleted chainstate? If so, back up any .dat files but label them as say, newwallet.dat and the appdata one as oldwallet.dat so you don't overwrite anythingby accident that was actually your wallet. Now create a new folder in documents called WorldcoinChain2, run worldcoinbc.exe, leave program directory the same, next step when it comes to blockchain directory, select Worldcoinchain2 folder that you created. Proceed to install blockchain and wait 30mins to download the blockchain on the steps ahead. When that is done, you have a fresh wallet installation and you can test which .dat files run by pasting them into worldcoinchain2 folder (remember if you renamed .dat files to newwallet.dat etc you will need to rename back to wallet.dat.)

no. never had old wallet. always new one. like i said I got it 3 days ago. looks like its corrupted for good:(

Do you have a back up? I don't really understand why you deleted chainstate and tried to run the wallet after. The WorldcoinBC installer is very simple to use, there's no need to delete anything until after you've installed to a new directory sucessfully like I mentioned before. Or if you backed up your wallet.dat beforehand it wouldn't matter if you deleted everything and installed a fresh copy.

I'll have to ask my collegue to try and replicate the problem but next time be more careful when you delete stuff.