bels

New wallet not using my previous wallet.dat

Question

I just upgraded to the latest wallet version from 1.0.2.  My wallet.dat seems to be ignored.  I'm on windows 7 so previously everything was stored in my AppData\Roaming\Worldcoin folder.  Everything seems to still be there.  Does the new wallet look for its wallet.dat file in a different location?

8 answers to this question

Whats the latest version & where to find it? The version here http://worldcoin.global/worldcoin-quick-start/is 1.0.1 which (in view of this post) seems quite old?

Hi ! the last version is 1.1.0 chunky Monkey

Where do you see exactly that version number? i am unable to reproduce

In the 'Readme' section it seems correct too.

Which version do you have now ?

Wait..just found the upgrade option in the wallet...downloading the updated wallet now....

Edit: ok latest version is now installed but its very strange the way this wallet works. If I try launching via Start>Search>Worldcoin I get an error saying I have to launch using the executable. The executable is in my downloads folder so I try launching that but get an error also (looks like this is an old exe as its dated Dec 2014). Luckily theres another wdc.exe in there which does launch but now its d/l the whole blockchain again. 

This is how it works, the main executable is always WorldcoinBC.exe, if this program doesn't find a file named WorldcoinBC.cfg in the same directory then it runs in wizard mode, when wizard is done it creates file WorldcoinBC.cfg in the destination file, it also downloads the latest version of WorldcoinBC.exe to the destination directory. So in your case there are 2 WorldcoinBC.exe in your PC, the first one in the directory where you downloaded and the second one in the target directory.

If WorldcoinBC.exe find Worldcoin.cfg in the same directory, it assumes that all is already configured so it executes worldcoin-qt.exe. You can't execute worldcoin-qt.exe directly.

In the next version worldcoin-qt.exe will disappear

In the wizard you can also select the Data directory in expert mode. If no chain is found there it will start download everything again. So always select the data directory where a chain is already downloaded.